• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes, Robert Drake. I had to do a double take at first, although the Southend United tracksuit and bobble hat were a bit of a giveaway.

Yes, he lives quite nearby and has done for quite a few years, my son used to deliver papers in his road and see him most mornings.

I don't think there's any doubt that something "happened" after the Rochdale game.

You can't go from being club captain and a regular in the side, to not even being on the bench, without some sort of "discussion" taking place. Heated or otherwise.

I'd be surprised, however, if there hasn't since been an amicable, if slightly uneasy, resolution to the situation, which could well involve a retirement announcement and a place within the coaching set-up as the trade-off, come the end of this season.

Bottom line is, it is very hard now for AB to get back into the side, so the water is clearly passing under the bridge at a fairly rapid rate.

He probably isn't good enough at the moment.

And there probably is another reason as well. But I think it's academic actually.

I'm not sure whether you're asking me alone, or anyone else as well. But for what it's worth I don't think there is/ has been any harm done to Adam's position, locally or wider.

Here endeth what I think. Anyone else have a view?

I think sadly Adam's position has been irrevocably damaged. Someone said he used to play for Colchester ffs

I'm not merely stating that he should be in the team,merely in the squad.

Btw,your post is rude and poorly punctuated.:raspberry:

Poorly punctuated maybe, but rude?
He is not good enough for the squad at the moment, in my opinion, but as club captain he still should be contributing to the club programme, if he so wishes.

Last edited:
Oh good, we needed another thread on Barrett.

At the end of the day, whether something has happened or not, HE ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH!!!

It's not like we've dropped our best player and those questioning why he isn't in the squad; if Thompson got injured, would we really want to see Barrett coming on next to Ferninand, no of course not, then there is the fact that Barrett struggles in a flat 4; therefore Sokolik is the correct option

The original question in this thread was 'Is Barratt done under Brown?'. Based on current performances by our first team defenders the answer, for me, is undoubtedly yes. Whether he is good enough these days is a debatable point, as is why we arrived at a point where Barrett is non longer a selection choice.

There will always be stories that posters have heard which come up with a myriad of reasons why, that's football. I think that Barratt deserved another shot at 1st team stuff this season, predominantly because we were short on CB quality. We're not now, and as a result PB has side lined him. How he did that is the debate I suppose, but for me it doesn't really matter anymore, time to move on. As to how the club treat him now only time will tell.

Last edited:
Calm down everyone I meant Gills not Col U. My massive mistake.

I'll try to answer that question in words of few syllables that you may understand.

He. is. not. good. enough. to. be. in. the. squad.

Poorly punctuated maybe, but rude?
He is not good enough for the squad at the moment, in my opinion, but as club captain he still should be contributing to the club programme, if he so wishes.

If what I've highlighed isn't rude, then quite frankly I don't know what is.That also goes for your offensive punctuation style.

I'm quite happy to accept your opinion,though I disagree with it (and also the rather snide remark about contributing to the club programme).You could have phrased it more appropriately, however.

Where is he on matchday ? People have not even seen him

Well I spoke to him after the game Tuesday, he even stayed for the penalties.

On Saturday he was in the 110 club at half time. Mooney, Coker and Will were sitting on the sofas with Wills player of the month award in front of them. Happily chatting away. Have to say Adam looked distant from the group.

Interestingly after our comfortable win over Cov we have just 3 pages of match reports, but 5 pages of yet another Barrett thread.

For those of you coming on here claiming their in the know, I just like to remind you there are always 2 sides to every story.
Me, I couldn't give a toss, I'm off to Oldham Saturday and if Anton plays like he has for the last 4 games, then we will be bagging another 3 points. Which hopefully, will make my day slogging up and down the A1 all the more worthwhile.

Well I spoke to him after the game Tuesday, he even stayed for the penalties.

On Saturday he was in the 110 club at half time. Mooney, Coker and Will were sitting on the sofas with Wills player of the month award in front of them. Happily chatting away. Have to say Adam looked distant from the group.

Interestingly after our comfortable win over Cov we have just 3 pages of match reports, but 5 pages of yet another Barrett thread.

For those of you coming on here claiming their in the know, I just like to remind you there are always 2 sides to every story.
Me, I couldn't give a toss, I'm off to Oldham Saturday and if Anton plays like he has for the last 4 games, then we will be bagging another 3 points. Which hopefully, will make my day slogging up and down the A1 all the more worthwhile.

wow you are in the OneTen club membership...the rich @ famous only. Glad Adam is still about, shame he looked a little distant, would love him to be involved with the team, (defensive coach?) as he has been so good for the club.

wow you are in the OneTen club membership...the rich @ famous only. Glad Adam is still about, shame he looked a little distant, would love him to be involved with the team, (defensive coach?) as he has been so good for the club.

No I'm not...... The 110 club have a three course meal and a seat in the directors box (away side). We use the same bar area, as do injured payers and scouts etc.

Anyone can buy a seat in the directors area or even a season ticket. Maybe you should try it 'Ironshrimper' and you wont have to make wrong assumptions about me or Adam Barrett because as you have rightly pointed out you can't see from your seat in the west.

Good lord, these sort of deals are not available to the Proletariat! :omg:

There's no room for those sorts. Only for the exclusive members of the East Bank High Society.

I thought we all knew that! :winking:

Back