• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barry Harris London to Southend Bike Race.

Cricko

Next Sunday the 20th of July our very own Barry Harris (Is a Virgin) is taking part in the London To Southend Charity Bike Race.

ShrimperZone.com have agreed to sponsor him on this day and he has suggested an idea to raise some funds for charity and a prize for the Winner.

The Race is 58 miles... from Victoria Park London to Priory Park Southend and the idea is for you to guess how long it will take him to cover the distance.....£5 per entry with £3 going to Charity (Little Havens) and the other £2 going into a pot for the winner of the correct time.

Post you times on the Zone and in the event of two people having exactly the same time the winning pot will be split....Hours and Minutes please.

For those of you that wish to join in this bit of fun and to help Charity, We will be collecting the monies on MTBD on the 27th or at the BBQ on the 9th of August or we will sort something else with those people that cannot make either.

Thanks All, now get entering ..:)

John.

Barrys Shirt for Sunday.

DH1.jpg

BH2.jpg

I shall be doing St John, helping to control all the ambulances going around the track!!

Good luck mate, all the best. It's a very hard track to ride, with quite a few hills!

Notice that shirt on the 6.20am from Southend to Stratford yesterday!.

If anyone says that Essex is 'flat' send them on this bike ride!! The hill near Chigwell is a killer!!

Last edited:
That was my best one yet 5hrs 30mins approx:) . My thighs seized (sp) up just after we left mountnessing, couldn't loosen them up for about 15 minutes lol.

That hill in Hullbridge opposite Budgens that one after 50 odd miles is a killer but managed easily for the first time on that.

Notice that shirt on the 6.20am from Southend to Stratford yesterday!.

If anyone says that Essex is 'flat' send them on this bike ride!! The hill near Chigwell is a killer!!

That was bad, but hullbridge followed by Ashingdon were up there. Then again the resevoir was a killer too with that wind. Managed 4hr15 in the end.

That was bad, but hullbridge followed by Ashingdon were up there. Then again the resevoir was a killer too with that wind. Managed 4hr15 in the end.

Hullbridge was a piece of p!ss I thought! (maybe it was 3rd time lucky??) but that Ashingdon one was much harder i thought.

I saw a few championship shirts (centery united ones) but I seemed to be the only one wearing our new shirt!!

Hullbridge was a piece of p!ss I thought! (maybe it was 3rd time lucky??) but that Ashingdon one was much harder i thought.

I saw a few championship shirts (centery united ones) but I seemed to be the only one wearing our new shirt!!

I found Chigwell was ok so everyone's different I guess! :)

Back