• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bart Griemink

Kent Shrimper

Mike Reid
No i didnt think so, the big man was assured last night taking crosses, commanding his area, blocking one on ones, saving shots, getting us a point.

So come on, we had the knives out for him last week lets see what those people thought about his performance last night.......

anyone?
rock.gif

I for one havent slated Bart - and last night he did show an improvement to his past form but one thing does grate me is his indecision on coming off his line. He has on a number of occassions decided to come off his line to come out for a ball that the defenders can cope with or alternatively stay rooted to his line when he should be assisting our defence.
Bart did deserve to win the MOM award - the save in the last few minutes was superb and saved us from defeat.

From my view in the SU he was perfectly placed to deal with Gray's backpass , until it cannoned of Adam Barrett's leg and whent sideways to the Grimsby guy and Bart was left with no chance for the goal.
The save he made right at the end was a goal all the way until he got his hand to it to turn it round the post.An outstanding save.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Nov. 27 2004,10:00)]No i didnt think so, the big man was assured last night taking crosses, commanding his area, blocking one on ones, saving shots, getting us a point.

So come on, we had the knives out for him last week lets see what those people thought about his performance last night.......

anyone?  
It's all gone quiet, hasn't it?! And didn't last night actually confirm that our midfield needs Kevin Maher, another target of the infamous Southend boo-boys? I don't think they are brave enough to come out and give even a teeny-weeny bit of praise, however grudgingly ...

"They're not moaning anymore. They're not mo-an-ning any-more!"

WS

Well played indeed Bart. He's made a few ricks this season, but some of the stick he's been getting has been out of order.

Hopefully his fine performance on Friday night can give him plenty of confidence for the rest of the season...

Bart was great last night.

Also anyone who wants to question Maher's contribution must be hanging there heads. Bently looked a shadow of himself purely because Kev was'nt there to keep things happening. Hunt who was in Kev's shoes looked slow, weak and generally poor.

Someone on here once posted that the team look poor without Maher because the team tatics are when you get the ball pass to Kevin. Certainly looked like that could be the case.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It's all gone quiet, hasn't it?! And didn't last night actually confirm that our midfield needs Kevin Maher, another target of the infamous Southend boo-boys? I don't think they are brave enough to come out and give even a teeny-weeny bit of praise, however grudgingly ...

Didn't it just!!
A few people asked over the last week or so just what exactly Kevin Maher brings to the team. I think last night, by his absence, we saw the answer. If we are to go up, it's VITAL that Kev stays in the team. He'll always be the first name on the teamsheet - we've just got to find a way to curb his "vocal enthusiasm".

Bart and Maher are rubbish and do nothing. Bart's save at the end was lucky... he fell over and the ball hit HIM!

Flavs 4 England.

Maher is Ryman League level.

We need Belgrave.

All of you mugs above, you're anthem show start with the lyrics:

"It's time to start the music... it's time to light the lights... "

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Bart and Maher are rubbish and do nothing. Bart's save at the end was lucky... he fell over and the ball hit HIM!

Flavs 4 England.

We need Belgrave.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Shut it, Kermit!

Wiggy, it IS you!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Nov. 27 2004,10:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Bart and Maher are rubbish and do nothing. Bart's save at the end was lucky... he fell over and the ball hit HIM!

Flavs 4 England.

We need Belgrave.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Shut it, Kermit!

Wiggy, it IS you!!
Rumbled!

sad.gif

Oh the shame!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Nov. 27 2004,10:42)]Now what have you done with OS?
I put a red snooker ball in his mouth and a Flav mask on his face. He's now my bitch. My muppet.

Agree on both players. Griemink was brilliant, and two of the saves he made were top class. Two of the clearances he made when coming off of his line were great to. He stood no chance with Grimsby's goal, especially when you consider it was a 2-on-Bart situation.

Maher was definitely missed. Not only did we need his superior passing skills, but i felt that a lot of the balls coming from midfield were very hurried, and Maher was needed to slow it down, think and put some control into it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Nov. 27 2004,10:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It's all gone quiet, hasn't it?! And didn't last night actually confirm that our midfield needs Kevin Maher, another target of the infamous Southend boo-boys? I don't think they are brave enough to come out and give even a teeny-weeny bit of praise, however grudgingly ...

Didn't it just!!
A few people asked over the last week or so just what exactly Kevin Maher brings to the team.  I think last night, by his absence, we saw the answer.
The one thing that Kev gives to the whole team is the option of playing the easy ball. He will nearly always make himself available so that others can keep the play nice and simple. Last night, this just wasn't there, hence the number of desperate punts forward. Kev really is our link man between defence and attack, without him our football falls apart a bit.

Last save of Griemniks Flavs would've missed since he would have simply been too short to reach it. Opinion based FACT!
wink.gif

I never slated Bart, i like him. I saw him at Lincoln, and he got us that point, he got us the point last night. Also when he got injured at Rushden he was playing very well. Against Luton he had a mare, but it was not our worst performance of the year, its just as a keeper you get noticed more. His style means he will have a couple of howliers a year, but every other game he plays very well. Hunt last night was a far worse performance that Bart against Luton, maybe Jupp's aswell

Calm down, i have praised him on another thread, he is not that bad a keeper but like his kicking lacks consistency. He is the type of keeper to get negative comments one week and positive the next. Overall Flavs will very rarely lose concentration and look a complete amateur as Bart did against Luton and Yeovil, this is why the jury is split on the subject of no.1 cat!

Back