• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle of the Sitcoms - Round One (Heat 1)

Which Sitcom ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Dave, you know you want to vote for Papa Lazarou....

Lazdoor_800x600.jpg

Come on, League of Gentlemen should have at least twelfteen votes by now...

char4.jpg

Sorry James, just never 'got' the League of Gentleman. MBB would probably seem quite dated now, but at the time it was something I would make an effort to watch.

Sorry James, just never 'got' the League of Gentleman. MBB would probably seem quite dated now, but at the time it was something I would make an effort to watch.

To be fair, there are worse ones LOG could lose to. I think MBB was very much of its time and has dated terribly, but back in the 90s I did like it.

LOG may just be a bit too nice to do well in this competition. A bit like my nomination in the previous competition:

pg_deuchars_ipa.jpg

MBB just pips it for me , whoever wins will get knocked out in the next round me thinks.

This is a tough one. I do love LOG, but the 3rd series just got that bit too dark for me, and stopped actually being funny. Although, that revelation at the end is absolute genius. However, in my mind this show was essentially responsible for giving us Little Britain.

MBB was indeed terrible at time. Series 1 & 2 sucked whilst half of 3 & 6 were average. BUT series 4 and 5 are absolute comedy gold, and even now stand up really well. In fact, its amazing how all the themes in them are still relevant.

So LOG gets the artistic vote, but MBB the actual funnier one. And thats the one that counts here methinks...

Last edited:
Having never really found the attraction for LOG, this one should be a walkover for MBB. Always used to try to catch UK Gold as the repeats were always just as good second, third or however many times again!

Tough. I have the complete series of both. But...

MBB inches it, for the pure class line of

"Bed? Bed's for sleepy people! Let's get a kebab and go to a disco!"

Have never watched LOG as it is this new modern age comedy.

Have gone with MBB as for it's time it was regarded at very near the mark and was quite funny in places

Men Behaving Badly easily for me, sorry James, don't get a lot of these so called "comedy" programmes. Besides which, I thought Caroline Quentin was triffic and there were some real laugh out loud moments with Gary and Tony - and they were fixated by Kylie as well so that'll please Cricko!

LOG for me by a longshot. I did enjoy MBB but it's dated really badly and was ultimately based on about 2 jokes. LOG takes some effort and will probably lose here (it's very difficult to put up a clip that makes much sense in isolation, for example) but the quality of some of the writing and ideas was fantastic- even if they did take the gloss off of it by making a crappy film.

I'm putting this up anyway- although not the best Pop clip (that would be '3.. Maverick bars')

Last edited:
LOG for me by a longshot. I did enjoy MBB but it's dated really badly and was ultimately based on about 2 jokes. LOG takes some effort and will probably lose here (it's very difficult to put up a clip that makes much sense in isolation, for example) but the quality of some of the writing and ideas was fantastic- even if they did take the gloss off of it by making a crappy film.

LOG is one of my top ten comedies. Alas, so is MBB. This was the toughest of draws.

If you don't understand any of my sayings, come to me in private and I will take you in my German mouth.

I don't think Men Behaving Badly has dated that badly. The ITV years don't hold up well but they never did really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back