• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battrick

MrB

Life President
Need to win to stay 2nd, should be ok. Interesting news though:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Season 5 is almost upon us so here comes the news that you have all been waiting for!

The first thing to tell you all is that the Battrick season is going to be changed from 16 to 18 weeks. This will happen immediately, so there will be two extra weeks close season this season, as well as in all future seasons. This is due to one or two things that need to be finished off before season 5, but in the future this will be used for test match series, World Cups and a new club Twenty20 competition to keep you all interested, news of which to follow.

Also, you will all be pleased to hear, next season brings the First Class games. They will start in the same week as your normal OD leagues.

One final thing to mention just now, is that the effect of team fitness levels will be stepped down again. There will still be the options to take it easy or go for it, but they will play a much smaller part on team performance. Team morale will also be slightly revamped so that it is not as big a part in the reckoning, and more realistic in how it is gained and lost.

Look out for some more detailed news that will come in the days ahead.

Four weeks of no games, boo!!

Playing the team that is 2nd, although that is immaterial as I've already won the division, just need to make sure I don't lose and end up having to play a play-off.

Tenterden CC won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Cracked

End of Over 7: 35-1, runrate=5.00
Chris 4-0-23-1
Raziuddin* 17 (22 balls)
Ul-rehman 13 (15 balls)

Last Wicket: Tselane c. Challinor b. Chris 1 (FOW: 7/1)

Promoted my Batting trainee - didn't work. I think he may be a middle order bat
laugh.gif

Bowled third position team out for 67 but have lost 2 wickets in reply with about 40 on the board ...

Kev

Playing away against the team in third, and after looking very dodgy at 72/2 we have sorted ourselves out,

End of Over 38: 252-2, runrate=6.63
Weight 9-0-67-0
Mott* 70 (76 balls)
Sugden 123 (102 balls)

Last Wicket: Bartlett lbw b. Livesey 43 (FOW: 72/2)

End of Over 50: 301-6, runrate=6.02
Chris 10-0-60-3
Mutasa* 30 (21 balls)
Everard 6 (7 balls)

Can't remember the last time I lost more than 2 wickets

i need 30 runs off 7 overs and hace two wickets to spare.

Im playing top and am one win behind, but i think they edge it on NRR.

To be fair it might be better if i lose because then they are deffo going up, and ill waltz the league next season, hence i wemt TIE... but then i hate losing, so this is tense sh!t!

Quality bit of commentary,

34.1 W Malik to Burton
That's a classy looking drive with one major problem, he missed the ball. The clatter of the ball hitting the stumps confirms his departure.

End of Over 37: 200-4, runrate=5.41, reqrunrate=12.08 (356-4)
Malik 7-0-28-1
Hulbert* 31 (47 balls)
Greenacre 4 (13 balls)

Last Wicket: Burton b. Malik 93 (FOW: 196/4)

Looking a bit better now.

14 out of 14, glad this season is over, it will be good to play some tougher games, where I don't know what the outcome is going to be before we start
upside.gif

And that's the end of the match. BATTY SHRIMPERS won by 87 runs.
BATTY SHRIMPERS 301-6
Tenterden CC 214-10

And that's the end of the match. Southend United won by 87 runs.
Southend United 356-4
BadLight 269-10

End of Over 47: 269-10, runrate=5.72
Gamage 8-0-55-4
Marsh* 9 (5 balls)

Bugger, lost by 8 runs in the end. Still not all bad, should do 14/14 next season now, as long as the team coming down isnt too hot!

Gotta get some friendlies in over summer... any offers?

N-Trance shire (2957)

Well I wasn't able to watch my game today as we had an emergency system shutdown at work due to a flood in the main server room (apparently they didn't realise the perils of sticking a shower room just above it!).

Good news was that I got to spend the afternoon in th epub and get home to find:

11/08/2006 (OD League) at ShrimperZone CC
SteelBears 168-10
ShrimperZone CC 172-1

Splendid. Now for the SZ Cup....

Seems that after a shock defeat for the leaders we finished joint first:

1. Kookaburra CC 14 12 0 2 48 23.98
2. ShrimperZone CC 14 12 0 2 48 18.76

Wish I'd made more effort with my NRR now!

I beat my nearest rivals to finish top with:

Team Pld Won Lost Points Net RR
Old Chelmsfordians 14 13 1 52 45.71

I only lost that one game because I didn't have broadband as I'd just moved so couldn;t set a team. I now have to play a qualifier!!! The team i'm playing only has Mediocre Top Order batting and Mediocore Seam & Spin bowling whilst my stats are below. I'm also up to energetic fitness so I'll be GFi and should wipe the floor with them! Level 4 here we come!!!!

These stats are whilst TIE so with GFI I should see alittle improvement and be able to breeze the qualifier!

Old Chelmsfordians
Top Order: proficient
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: competent
Spin Bowling: strong
Fielding: mediocre

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Aug. 11 2006,19:14)]I beat my nearest rivals to finish top with:

Team                    Pld Won Lost Points   Net RR
Old Chelmsfordians 14 13 1 52 45.71

I only lost that one game because I didn't have broadband as I'd just moved so couldn;t set a team. I now have to play a qualifier!!! The team i'm playing only has Mediocre Top Order batting and Mediocore Seam & Spin bowling whilst my stats are below. I'm also up to energetic fitness so I'll be GFi and should wipe the floor with them! Level 4 here we come!!!!

These stats are whilst TIE so with GFI I should see alittle improvement and be able to breeze the qualifier!

Old Chelmsfordians
Top Order: proficient
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling:     competent
Spin Bowling: strong
Fielding: mediocre
Interesting to note ahead of Sunday's game.....
smile.gif

Already resinged to defeat.....

I've put in a couple of youngsters as well.

Also playing around with my batting order.

So my stats might be slightly different.... but then again they might be better.......

Finished top
smile.gif
Got an away qualifier to a team that finished 5th in their league
wow.gif
Looks a bloody difficult one, too
sad.gif

Won by 120 runs got a home qualifier to stay up. I havent looked at the team I am playing would think I should win but if I dont then I should be good enough to win the league next season.

Back