• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
A draw and two wins since Baz was suspended.
Like the unlucky Prosser , does he now have to sit it out and wait his turn or will PB be tempted to pair him with Loza in a 'little and large' front line ?
Now I know that BBBC has cult status with some on here , but others are equally unimpressed.
Forgetting any bias , do you think it is potentially a good partnership and should we try it at Cheltenham ?

I personally think Barnard has done ok in the last two games and of course you cannot argue with Freddy's impact on Saturday , but where does Bazza fit in.......................

Over to you..........

The team has performed well since the new loanees have arrived, forcing a different system and players which is working at the moment. So I think the Manager should leave well alone even away from Roots Hall. My only doubt away from home is to keep with Timlin or play Murphy from the start

Why not look at the various teams we have coming up and play the best front line against each of them. Surely there will be some where Bazzers size will be a benefit, while others will need someone a bit sharper. While we have choices, I don't see why we would be looking for a set front line from now till seasons end.

I don't think our contracted players should be sitting for loanees, unless those loanees are signed with a view to a permanent move.

I think Corr would do well with Loza but wouldnt change a winning team personally.

think corr for the Cheltenham game, up against big lumpy defenders - or on the other hand not, just use speed to go around them - who'd be a football manager:smile:

I don't think our contracted players should be sitting for loanees, unless those loanees are signed with a view to a permanent move.

Personally I don't distinguish between contracted players and loanees. I would play the best team we have available regardless of their situation.

I'm a big BBBC fan, but I wouldn't change a winning team unless circumstances dictate otherwise.

Personally I don't distinguish between contracted players and loanees. I would play the best team we have available regardless of their situation.

I'm a big BBBC fan, but I wouldn't change a winning team unless circumstances dictate otherwise.

Got to go with an unchanged team regardless of status. Nobody is making noises for Prosser in at centre back and he was out through injuries in the line of duty! For me BBBC is on the bench as Barnard is starting to come good at last.

Not a huge Corr fan, honestly would not change winning team, maybe impact, but would you put Freddy or Corr on for bigger impact when Eastwood just brought us the bigger impact at weekend...

Contracted or loanees... the only thing that should matter at this point is whether the best players are in the first XI or not.

I love Barry Corr and have a lot of respect for Luke Prosser as well and if we were mid-table playing dead-rubbers then I'd agree with the point you're making. But we're not. We have some huge matches between now and the end of the season and personally I'm more concerned about what division we'll be in after those than whether the players in the team will be here next year.

I think Brown will keep the same side at Cheltenham and will need to decide if he's going to have two strikers on the bench , and if so , who else drops out.........

Cant see us changing a wining side.
Although i do think the Corr and Barney/Freddie situation is not as clear cut as Prosser awaiting a recall.

He would be the ideal partner for Loza BUT not at the expense of team morale.

We must put Bazza and Freddie on the bench though. Sorry but Payne has to make way!

I actually think Corr is the least likely of the three potential partners for Loza. Both Eastwood and Barnard have previously thrived playing alongside pacy, direct strike-partners (Gray & Robinson). Corr creates space for others but Loza is doing that by stretching the game.

Never change a winning team? Bollocks. Tell that to Sir Alex Ferguson. You select the 11 players that you think will win the next game. If you beat the bottom of the league side with your reserve team 1-0, and next week your first team is available, against the top team, are you 'going to stick with the wining team? Are you balls.

Get Big Bad Barry Corr up front with Loza and watch us win 4-0. You heard it here first.

Probably Brown will stick with the same, and so would I, although would be ready to chuck bazzer on with 25 mins to go as mentioned. Would very much like to see the CorrLoza partnership ( is that an Arsenal player?) in action though.

Back