• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC Article - takeover completion still seems 2 months away

Latest News on the sale UPDATED today.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The simple solution would be if 470 (don't know the exact figure) were agreed at RH then you get 470 units at FF.....Now sign here and release RH to Justin&co.

If Ron wants to argue for 600 thats at his expense and the councils time. The rest of us can get on with all things SUFC whilst they have a 5 year squabble.

If I was on the council I would insist on a caveat that unless the £20m is paid in stages as each housing phase is sold....Then no completion certificate.

Is it too late for me to stand?
Nothing is completely out of the question and if you had to pick two parties optimally suited to **** it up, and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, then the Council and the Martins would be hard to beat. But the agreement they are already doing due diligence on, and further to heads of terms, would have already addressed what is to be built at FF to replace RH? So it would be a case of the Martins trying to go back and change it? Nothing would surprise, of course.

I’m not sure how valid it is to compare the number of units planned at RH verses the additional at FF. Different developments- RH may have been around larger average size of units, whereas FF is more smaller units- 600 vs 470 maybe same footprint and same total rental outcome/value (just based on average smaller units more appropriate to that development).

In the end both parties badly want it to proceed even if the, it seems compulsory, d**k waving contest can’t be avoided…

This just seems to be going on and on and on and on
When will it all end and we can be left quietly alone the more I read about this specimen of a person the more and more i despise

I do think the Council need to start getting tough with the rat and prove to him that he's not the one calling all the shots. Either that or it's time for us fans to remind him!
I want this to complete now as much as the next person- but everything we hear from reliable sources e.g. consortium members that it’s SBCs DD holding things up? Have we reliable information to the contrary? Otherwise we may be protesting in the wrong direction?
In which case who get’s tough with SBC?

Tot
This just seems to be going on and on and on and on
When will it all end and we can be left quietly alone the more I read about this specimen of a person the more and more i despise
Totally agree and as much as the Consortium are running the club they will only fund it to a certain point or only to a certain level. If we get to the summer and still no deal complete how much will JR and co be willing to fund new recruitment, improve facilities etc? I don’t blame them in the slightest, what they have done so far has saved the club, but for how much longer. Some pressure surely needs to be put on either RM again or SBC. Don’t here anything from Amanda Firth these days

Tot

Totally agree and as much as the Consortium are running the club they will only fund it to a certain point or only to a certain level. If we get to the summer and still no deal complete how much will JR and co be willing to fund new recruitment, improve facilities etc? I don’t blame them in the slightest, what they have done so far has saved the club, but for how much longer. Some pressure surely needs to be put on either RM again or SBC. Don’t here anything from Amanda Firth these days
To be fair Anna was pretty scathing when the delay in commencing DD emerged recently.

I'd also add we're not hearing much from any official sources - council, Ron or consortium.

My cling to hope is that the main work in due diligence is being completed by civil servants and won't touch a Councillor until its picture time and they get to do a bit of self promotion.

That bring said it feels like it hits someone's desk on a Monday but then they wait until Friday to do anything on it. And so it then continues.

My cling to hope is that the main work in due diligence is being completed by civil servants and won't touch a Councillor until its picture time and they get to do a bit of self promotion.

That bring said it feels like it hits someone's desk on a Monday but then they wait until Friday to do anything on it. And so it then continues.
From what I've heard, the council have bought into the work from home thing, which slows things down a lot, and is not so productive. I know people that officially work 40 hours, but boast they only do about 20-25, as apart from zoom meetings, no one is keeping an eye on them.

Last edited:

There won't be any pictures with councillors until after the election - that is something that wouldnt be allowed under purdah

From what I've heard, the council have bought into the work from home thing, which slows things down a lot, and is not so productive. I know people that officially work 40 hours, but boast they only do about 20-25, as apart from zoom meetings, no one is keeping an eye on them.
There may be an element of this, but I can state first hand that many council officers actually do a lot more than their allocated hours regularly., regardless of if they are working at home or in the office. The "lack" of productivity often comes from people trying to cover work not being done because of vacant posts and a few people not pulling their weight. There are a few where i work, and these people get no sympathy and are universally vilified for their laziness. Like everything, it is unfair to tar every council worker with the same brush.

That’s weird. The analytics at my work place
showed that work from home actually increased productivity. The average time take to produce documents, to bill etc all decreased.

But no one stands over me to watch me work, they just judge the results at the end.

That’s weird. The analytics at my work place
showed that work from home actually increased productivity. The average time take to produce documents, to bill etc all decreased.

But no one stands over me to watch me work, they just judge the results at the end.
I get way more work done at home than I ever did in the office. But I’m also not clocking in at 9 and clocking out at 5.30!

There may be an element of this, but I can state first hand that many council officers actually do a lot more than their allocated hours regularly., regardless of if they are working at home or in the office. The "lack" of productivity often comes from people trying to cover work not being done because of vacant posts and a few people not pulling their weight. There are a few where i work, and these people get no sympathy and are universally vilified for their laziness. Like everything, it is unfair to tar every council worker with the same brush.
I work for a council and I don't see any laziness. Plenty of leadership with big ideas half-formed, not thinking through how to deliver and so over-committing people, but I've seen that in the private sector as well

More likely by legals who get paid by the hour…
isn't due diligence done by legal types? if so they'll take as long as they take and charge a tidy sum for it if they aren't in house. but either way i don't see how protesting is going to improve that. give them an opportunity to charge more, absolutely. But move faster? unlikely

If this is the case then the problem is the type of people that they're hiring, not the hybrid working thing.

I am hybrid, working from home for 60% of my week, and I (and the vast majority of other people that I know who work hybrid) are infinitely more productive at home than in the office.

isn't due diligence done by legal types? if so they'll take as long as they take and charge a tidy sum for it if they aren't in house. but either way i don't see how protesting is going to improve that. give them an opportunity to charge more, absolutely. But move faster? unlikely
My point is why move faster if you get paid by the hour? If you were being paid a fixed fee for the job then incentive to work quickly and efficiently would be there. It may be that protesting doesn’t work, but it certainly won’t work protesting against the party not relying on said due diligence. The only people who can apply pressure in that regard is SBC.

External due diligence won’t be particularly motivated to string it out. The longer it takes the longer it takes to get paid (it’s also worth remembering that the bigger the bill the more the client quibbles with it). My understanding is that work like this would most likely be if not a fixed fee at least capped anyway. If you spend ages on it it’ll just get discounted and it ruins your utilisation rate.

The hold up at months into it will likely be more to do with incomplete information being provided and then awaiting instructions on how to proceed in the absence of that information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back