• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sandbach Shrimper

Life President⭐
Sorry if this has been mentioned but here is the section on us in the BBC website's League One preview:

In: Tommy Black (Crystal Palace), Nicky Bailey (Barnet), Charlie MacDonald (Ebbsfleet), Kerrea Gilbert (Arsenal), Garry Richards (Colchester), Zoltan Liptak (Lombard FC Papa)

Out: Freddy Eastwood (Wolves), Efe Sodje (Gillingham), Joel Ledgister (Oxford), Justin Lawson (Grays)

BBC Sport verdict: Striker Eastwood leaves a massive hole to fill but unless Southend tighten up at the back they could struggle once more.

Key man: Zoltan Liptak

First, it's JAMES Lawson and why on earth is Zoltan our key man? :confused:

Becos zoltans a legend i honestly think THE macca is our key man this season we seem to be a much better team when he is playing

Maybe it's an ulterior motive by someone behind the scenes at SUFC to confuse our oponents.

The opposition will be told before games against us "watch out for that Liptak bloke, he's their key man".

I think i will wait for Kamara's view on Sky sports. Some people may think he's a tit but he seems to know his stuff on the football league.

Sorry if this has been mentioned but here is the section on us in the BBC website's League One preview:

In: Tommy Black (Crystal Palace), Nicky Bailey (Barnet), Charlie MacDonald (Ebbsfleet), Kerrea Gilbert (Arsenal), Garry Richards (Colchester), Zoltan Liptak (Lombard FC Papa)

Out: Freddy Eastwood (Wolves), Efe Sodje (Gillingham), Joel Ledgister (Oxford), Justin Lawson (Grays)

BBC Sport verdict: Striker Eastwood leaves a massive hole to fill but unless Southend tighten up at the back they could struggle once more.

Key man: Zoltan Liptak

First, it's JAMES Lawson and why on earth is Zoltan our key man? :confused:

Thing is, If I am honest, I think the BBC may well have a point. However I dont agree that Liptak will be the key man.

Firstly, lets face it, Freddy really has left a gaping hole in our attack, and we are yet to fill his loss.
Secondly, we all know how bad our defense was last year and after some preseason freindlies against some pretty dire opposition, this does not seem to have been resolved.

I fear that we will struggle this season, and think we will be lucky yet very grateful to hit mid table.
Despite the encouraging amount of goals scored, I cannot help but feel worried after our defence has been exposed by teams that really shouldnt be bothering us.
There also hasnt been one striker that has stood out pre season and looks likely to be our topscorer etc.

I hate to feel so negative but had we not conceeded so many goals preseason I would be feeling a lot better. I am hoping this is just down to the new signings in defence and waiting for them to gel etc, I suppose time will tell.

Thing is, If I am honest, I think the BBC may well have a point. However I dont agree that Liptak will be the key man.

Firstly, lets face it, Freddy really has left a gaping hole in our attack, and we are yet to fill his loss.
Secondly, we all know how bad our defense was last year and after some preseason freindlies against some pretty dire opposition, this does not seem to have been resolved.

I fear that we will struggle this season, and think we will be lucky yet very grateful to hit mid table.
Despite the encouraging amount of goals scored, I cannot help but feel worried after our defence has been exposed by teams that really shouldnt be bothering us.
There also hasnt been one striker that has stood out pre season and looks likely to be our topscorer etc.

I hate to feel so negative but had we not conceeded so many goals preseason I would be feeling a lot better. I am hoping this is just down to the new signings in defence and waiting for them to gel etc, I suppose time will tell.
I also think there not far of the truth as well. A bunch of forwards who dont excite that much, and even more corncerning a defence that seem to have trouble keeping clean sheets

Hopefully we can tighten up defensively, hopefully Brushy can do something about it and get the concertration at a higher level. I do worry about our strike force, I havent seen enough of Charlie Macdonald but the others wont fashion a chance on their own, ie drop the shoulder and go past a defender with a quick turn of pace. It was mentioned by someone else on here by JCR playing off a front man in a more central role could be more productive than on the wing. I was surprised this wasnt looked at in pre-season, for me if Bradbury and Harold, the pair I guess start on saturday are just too much the same player

I'm pretty sure Tilly will have the sense not to play Bradders and Harrold together.... it's clear that they're too similar and will not complement each other as a forward pairing.

Back