• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Beards

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Please explain to me what the current penchant for facial hair amongst you male types is all about?

I don't know any women who actually like them, so presumably they're being "cultivated" purely for the owner's pleasure!

To me, and to female work colleagues and amongst friends, where we've discussed it, these great bushy things currently being sported are gross bug breeding grounds!

Last edited:
tumblr_ln52usRmo61qkae66o1_500.jpg

Presumably you have never had to shave your face OBL, believe me, it is quite nice to have a break now and again. :smile:

It is probably true to say that your circle of friends all share similar lifestyles. I am glad to say that my lifestyle choices of bikes and Rock music led me to consort with women who prefer their men to look a little different and actually like facial hair. Mine used to be ZZ Top, but since getting older and greyer, has gone Lemmy (but without the hair dye).

It is probably true to say that your circle of friends all share similar lifestyles. I am glad to say that my lifestyle choices of bikes and Rock music led me to consort with women who prefer their men to look a little different and actually like facial hair. Mine used to be ZZ Top, but since getting older and greyer, has gone Lemmy (but without the hair dye).

That's probably fair comment, and BA, you're no follower of the latest trend as yours was firmly in place before the current fad! What is it though? Young men who would have normally been smartly attired clean shaven in city suits now all seem to have these huge bushy facial adornments! They're everywhere in football, the bushier, the better. I just don't "get" it at all.

Sorry, think it was my fault.

They all started moving to East London and drinking real ale as well.

As my beard would be ginger, I'm sticking to the clean shaved look. Besides, it's more uneven than the A13.

I think maybe the point is, Kay, that us blokes don't usually have many options in the 'change my whole appearance' thing. You ladies have different hair styles and colours and you change your wardrobes every two and a half days. The best we can hope for is a bit of face fungus.:winking:

Ah, I would if I could - trouble is your average 15yr old can grow more facial hair than me. :sad:

Please explain to me what the current penchant for facial hair amongst you male types is all about?

I don't know any women who actually like them, so presumably they're being "cultivated" purely for the owner's pleasure!

To me, and to female work colleagues and amongst friends, where we've discussed it, these great bushy things currently being sported are gross bug breeding grounds!

I grew a beard 27 years ago as Mrs GYS asked me to as she liked a man with a beard and I have had it ever since although I only grow it for 10 days or so, then I trim it back close.

I am 42 and can't grow a beard.

I did have to shave myself before having my appendix removed however and filled two bin bags.

Never thought I could grow a beard but did a few years back when I had a couple of weeks off work. The wife does complain about it, so I keep it short. Can't see me getting rid of it now to be honest.

Not being a fan of my actual face, I like it, and no shaving is a bonus.

My first wife told me she would leave me if I ever shaved my beard off...it was always a handy tool to keep in the locker.:winking:

Well, there's obviously ladies out there that DO like it then, but I am still at a loss as to understand what the current trend is all about.

Well done, incidentally, to Pubey who has so much time on his hands that he is able to trawl the internet to come up with that photo! :zzzzz:

Well, there's obviously ladies out there that DO like it then, but I am still at a loss as to understand what the current trend is all about.

Well done, incidentally, to Pubey who has so much time on his hands that he is able to trawl the internet to come up with that photo! :zzzzz:
Yeah typing Alan McCormack into google took me hours.

Back