• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was on the tube this morning travelling into the City, when the guy next to me noticed by SUFC coat and asked if I was a fan and if I remembered him from 10 years ago (which I was, having been at Brisbane Road when he got both goals in the 2-0 win). Now works as a foreign currency trader in Cornhill. Plays part time for Tooting & Mitcham, but next season hoping to move to Wealdstone (upwardly mobile Ryman Premier team nearer his West London home and managed by a good friend of his).

Also, a really, really nice guy who has very fond memories of his time with us and still follows the club closely (he was at Orient in December watching with David Lee, another player from that era). Is saddened by our financial position, there were money problems when he was there (and talk of a new ground, nice to see we've moved on!), financial constraints were one of the reasons he wasn't retained as Webb preferred to keeep Bramble and Rawle (and to save his money for the woeful Tony Richards and Belgrave the following season).

As I said, really nice bloke and glad he is doing well for himself.

I was on the tube this morning travelling into the City, when the guy next to me noticed by SUFC coat and asked if I was a fan and if I remembered him from 10 years ago (which I was, having been at Brisbane Road when he got both goals in the 2-0 win). Now works as a foreign currency trader in Cornhill. Plays part time for Tooting & Mitcham, but next season hoping to move to Wealdstone (upwardly mobile Ryman Premier team nearer his West London home and managed by a good friend of his).

Also, a really, really nice guy who has very fond memories of his time with us and still follows the club closely (he was at Orient in December watching with David Lee, another player from that era). Is saddened by our financial position, there were money problems when he was there (and talk of a new ground, nice to see we've moved on!), financial constraints were one of the reasons he wasn't retained as Webb preferred to keeep Bramble and Rawle (and to save his money for the woeful Tony Richards and Belgrave the following season).

Cool. He's also on Facebook as Benz Abbey.

I liked him. Who let the Abbey out.

Did you not give him and his fat cat city mates a dressing down for ruining the economy and plunging Rons stadium bid into chaos?

Ben Abbey is an international!!!

I believe Ben Abbey went on to play for the England Beach football team.

Ben Abbey was my favourite player, mainly because he scored the only goal in the first Southend game I ever went to, a 1-0 win over Lincoln City in 2001 IIRC.

Yeah think that was my first away game too. Glad to see he's doing ok for himself after leaving the pro game.

Back