• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best Chocolate Bar

Best Chocolate Bar - What is it

• Topic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrys Chocolate Orange

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
One the way to the Birstol City game we stopped off at services on the A127. My mate Steve got petrol and was a bit peckish so invested in a Topic.

He then went on to claim it was the best chocolate bar in the UK Market. I told him this was clearly b******s as the best bar is Terry Choclate Orange Slices.

Can you boys please settle two disputes.

A) Which is better Topic or Chocolate Orange?
and
B) What is the best Chocolate Bar from the whole market?

DtS

I really like both of those - the Topic just edges it though but one is never enough. Snickers (Duo obv) remains top of the shop overall for me.

Dairy Milk and all related varieties (aside Fruit n Nut & Turkish sh!te) is the king...

I welcomed the new Creme Egg Dairy Milk bar like a son I never had...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ May 24 2006,15:14)]Snickers (Duo obv) remains top of the shop overall for me.
It will always be a Marathon for me, I will not, and never accept its rebadged name!

It's a tough call, but the Topic edges it over the Choc Orange, for me. Sorry DtS!

oops.gif

Fave choc bar? Has to be Double Decker...

cool.gif

Blimey - you lot clearly demonstrate your lack of knowledge about chocolate bars!
tounge.gif

Not one of you has mentioned the humble Kit-Kat (the new chunky one), the Mint Aero or the good old Finger of Fudge. Honourable award for the Curly-Wurly but for me it's always gonna be the AERO!!
love.gif

rock.gif

ps: from your "woeful" choices, the Topic edged it.

Poppycock! Nothing beats a King Size Twix. It's got chocolate, it's got caramel, it's got biscuit. That's all of your major food groups in one, easily unwrappable package.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Winkle @ May 24 2006,15:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ May 24 2006,15:14)]Snickers (Duo obv) remains top of the shop overall for me.
It will always be a Marathon for me, I will not, and never accept its rebadged name!
Agree, i have not bought a Marathon bar since it became Snickers.

Likewise Opal Fruits & Starburst.

And a bit off topic who can call JIF, CIF, a potential abbreviation of a nasty STD.

Does anyone remember Texan (?) bars - I can recall that they were a bit crunchy, caramel in them - white wrappers I think with a Texas cowboy hat logo??

Officially the most popular is the Mars bar, followed closely by Dairy Milk, Twirl, Twix, Snickers and Kit-Kat.

wink.gif

Hmmm All Time Favourite AZTEC (Cadbury's answer to the Mars Bar about 30 years ago)

Caramac, Fry's Turkish delight, Plain Bounty, and, another of those Ltd editions Cappuchino Aero.

As per biscuit thread all on the banned list now
sad.gif

Some years ago Topic used the catchphrase " A hazelnut in every bite"
Led to a gag --What has a hazelnut in every bite ?

Squirrels sh!t.............

Topic over Terry's Chocolate Orange anyday. Do not like, have never liked, and will never like the chocolate/citrus combination (the same, therefore, clearly applies to chocolate limes, key lime pie etc.)

Incidentally, I was always told as a child, and incidentally, Nick Hancock mentioned this on the TV once, that if you combine orange and milk you will die. I still hold to that, this day.

As for the best chocolate bar debate, you will go a long way before you beat the Dipped Flake experience. Also I am always partial to a Star Bar post a Southend home match, when I drop in to the chaotic newsagents along West Road

Terry's chocolate orange is rank.

If Dawn French thinks it is funny to advertise them given her current appearance then she is sadly mistaken.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 24 2006,16:37)]Hmmm All Time Favourite   AZTEC  (Cadbury's answer to the Mars Bar about 30 years ago)

Caramac, Fry's Turkish delight, Plain Bounty, and, another of those Ltd editions Cappuchino Aero.

As per biscuit thread all on the banned list now
sad.gif

Some years ago Topic used the catchphrase " A hazelnut in every bite"
Led to a gag --What has a hazelnut in every bite ?

Squirrels sh!t.............
Good shout on the Caramac!

smile.gif

Back