• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TTS

Manager
Quick question, not arguments, because as some have alluded to, you would dislike PB regardless ...

Would you rather go on a run of 3 wins and 2 draws in the next 5 games OR lose enough to see PB sacked ?

I'd rather go on a good run and pick up plenty of points but IF we should lose our next three every cloud has a silver lining.... :whistling:

I'll take the wins and points every time. I want to leave Roots Hall happy each time and wins make me happy. Likewise I listen to the aways on the radio and if we win or draw, I'm happy. The current atmosphere on here convinces me I'm right.

Wins and an unbeaten run every time. I want everyone who represents the club on the pitch and management team to be succesful. That can't happen all the time that's life, but if PB turns a less than impressive start around and gets a run together and the team moves up the table fair play to hima and all involved.

UTB

As a man I quite like PB (despite his flaws he's got character - and in fact is actually a decent bloke if you have had the chance to meet him), his tactics are somewhat perplexing, but in all fairness I'd love to see him succeed,

I'll take the wins and points anyday

Staggering if anyone would ever rather we lose any game. Even the so-called 'PB haters' would surely rather he started winning games and got them onside. Nice and simple, win these three games and who could possibly be opposed to Brown?!

Trust me when I say this. Everyone wanted Dick Bate to lose his last game in charge. No one wanted the win, except Mrs Dick.

As a man I quite like PB (despite his flaws he's got character - and in fact is actually a decent bloke if you have had the chance to meet him), his tactics are somewhat perplexing, but in all fairness I'd love to see him succeed,

This, some of the anti Brown rants are not reasoned, just personal.

Is this a serious question? I want us to win every game until Christmas and see Brown knighted in the New Year's Honours list.

And I'm as #brownout as they come.

If we get 11 out of 15 given our next 5 games then PB has worked a miracle and deserves to keep his job.

Been out on the Bevy and met him, wtf.......no thanks.... Loose all the game and sack the man for me....#pumper

As much as I want to see Phil Brown go I don't want to see the team suffer. I don't want us to go back to league two. So for me I would take the wins and points.

Quick question, not arguments, because as some have alluded to, you would dislike PB regardless ...

Would you rather go on a run of 3 wins and 2 draws in the next 5 games OR lose enough to see PB sacked ?

I can't see anyone putting themselves first, if however you had asked if people might think that its worth loosing points now if at the end of the season we would end up with more points because we sacked PB 5 games from now' then you might have got some different answers

This, some of the anti Brown rants are not reasoned, just personal.

I always want my team to win regardless of who's in charge - but can you point me to any of these highly personal rants? The Anti-Brown posts I've seen have been based on dislike of his tactics and doubts as to his motivational skills, not him personally.

I can't see anyone putting themselves first, if however you had asked if people might think that its worth loosing points now if at the end of the season we would end up with more points because we sacked PB 5 games from now' then you might have got some different answers

That would also be a loaded question since you have categorically said in this scenario sacking Brown earns us more points, whilst we have no idea if that would be the case in reality, the next person we get in could do just as poorly.

I still can't get my head around the fact that a manager who was in charge when we got promoted and stabilized us in the above division the following season has failed.

I also can't work out why I put a smiley face in the question ! Me and technology does not mix ...

Back