• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Prompted by the Brum thread we could do one of these every few days, so we don't dilute the current one. I can do 70s onwards. Plenty on here can do mid 50s to 70s when five figure attendee were the norm for a Div 3 South team tha had perhaps only once or twice realistically skirted with promotion to second tier. We'll leave Cricko to cover Kursaal and Greyhound Stadium. :winking:

Just the games only. Leave the memories for the threads. In no particular order

V Liverpool 79
V Wet Spam the Colly and Angel
Virtually any game in the second half of the 1st promotion to second tier
Boxing Day vs Newcastle
LDV semi and area finals first time around
Goat's send off/title v Bristol City
Home to Palace 74 I think !!!
Kevin Maher's testimonial GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!
Man Ure
Freddie's Debut

Plus so many others. Sure we can do away as well. Apart from Cardiff 1st was the best IMO.

Of all the awayday promos Stockport is still my favourite

Keep the memories coming.

Derby at Home league cup - Big Roy
birmingham at home 3-1 win - Barrys return
West ham 1-0 win - Angell scoring
Bury away promotion - Benji
Peterboro away promotion - Crown
Donny away - play offs
Southampton away - relegation
Swansea away - promotion
Grimsby away - missing out on promotion
Col u away - First game at new grounf Moussa
Spurs at home in league cup- Gary bennett

So many

Southampton away(1-4) we rocked that day.
Donny 2nd leg wow.
Manure, surreal atmosphere.
Our thanks to Tilly/Brush at Lincoln.
Out singing Chelski at the Bridge
Liverpool FAcup.

Norwich at home 3-3
Palace away. Eastwood. 1-0 up. Till the second half of course

Not so much for the whole game, but the last 10 minutes v Newport when we were 2-0 down and came back to win 4-2 was pretty darn good. Their manager at the time, Colin Addison, said that if the game had been 5 minutes longer we would have scored another 2 as well.

ORM pretty much covered the big ones I do disagree about fave away day promotion bury away seemed a bit more emotional and i do love a bit of emotion. I will chuck in a few random ones, blackburn away during our first season in the second tier there were only a handful of us but the david webbs yellow army chant went on and on and on as we bounced around, just brilliant. Chelsea away was amazing and I have to say possibly the most manic celebration of a goal I have done (bury away and freddys second at swansea pip it) I know peolpe that were in the chelsea end that day and they always comment on the support from us that day. Will have to finish with Everton away in the cup, we took five thousand up there, I was stood in the small paddock under the seated area and as the players came out this tidal wave of balloons poured onto us from above it was awsome, then for everton supporters to applaud us off the pitch after made it a good day

ORM pretty much covered the big ones I do disagree about fave away day promotion bury away seemed a bit more emotional and i do love a bit of emotion. I will chuck in a few random ones, blackburn away during our first season in the second tier there were only a handful of us but the david webbs yellow army chant went on and on and on as we bounced around, just brilliant. Chelsea away was amazing and I have to say possibly the most manic celebration of a goal I have done (bury away and freddys second at swansea pip it) I know peolpe that were in the chelsea end that day and they always comment on the support from us that day. Will have to finish with Everton away in the cup, we took five thousand up there, I was stood in the small paddock under the seated area and as the players came out this tidal wave of balloons poured onto us from above it was awsome, then for everton supporters to applaud us off the pitch after made it a good day

I hate David speedie

My favourites have been...
Man Utd...Freddy's goal nearly took the roof of the West Stand
LDV Semi Final. Awesome atmosphere
The Goats last game was a brilliant family day. Everyone dressed in Bermudan outfits.
Centre Forward, Tes Bramble in goal against Boston (I think). I was behind him in the South Lower and it was electric.

as for away matches...the obvious...Chelsea, Spurs, Everton, LDV's..but my favourite was Southampton. We joined in the tribute to Alan Ball and showed what a fantastic bunch of supporters we have. Yeah, we were going down, but we didn't care. Just turned up on masse, in fancy dress and sang along for our brave warriors.

That day at Everton was awesome. Yeeeelllllooowww. IIRC only got beat by a late Peter Beardsley goal. Brilliant atmosphere. Didn't they sign Brett Angell straight after that game ?

Quite a few of those games were 'big' games. So some normal matches that had a brilliant atmosphere - Northampton 4-4 FA Cup 2nd round 1986, Wigan 3-2 comeback match 1988, Blackpool 4-0 1988 to avoid relegation

One that gets forgotten about due to the famous Barry Fry Birmingham game was the Charlton game just a few days before on the 27th Dec 1993. Brilliant game 10,000 crowd and excellent atmosphere one of the best ever. I'm sure this 4-2 win helped build the atmosphere up for the Birmingham game. People were buzzing after this game and could not wait for the Birmingham game.

Everton was a good one so was Wigan with David Crown. Posh away again with Crown and how about Derby away when a certain J Hunt scored a scorcher ?

Derby away F.A Cup 4th round 78-ish...lost 2-3...I was told that we took the longest ever (at the time), "soccer special train".
Southampton away x2; awesome support 1st time, 2nd time "kay sa ra sa ra whatever will be will be, we're going to Shrewsbury"....earned a massive laugh and round of applause from Saints fans.
Home...Goat's last game as listed above, Liverpool F.A Cup and Newcastle 4-0 to take us top of what was then League 1 for a couple of hours!

3-0 win at Orient 1999. We were awful that season, Alvin Martin had just been sacked. We took something like 2,000 down there. Fantastic atmosphere

Back