• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The 70's best time for horror!

vampyros_lesbos.jpg

Thanks mate. That's how to do it: All this blood splattering nonsense like Hostel and Saw are just crap - bit of psychological horror and virgin burning is where it's at.

I'd say the first Saw is very physcological, with a nice bit of gore thrown in.

Exorcist for me and it still to this day scare the bloomin s**t out of me and to this day I still cannot watch it without getting freaked.

Donny vs SUFC Play Off Semi, 2nd Leg!

Also, The Entity, just for the special effects!

The main reason why I nominated Psycho was because it did not need special effects. Tautly directed by Hitchcock, with inferred violence rather than that of the gratuitous variety prevalent in many films of today.

The main reason why I nominated Psycho was because it did not need special effects. Tautly directed by Hitchcock, with inferred violence rather than that of the gratuitous variety prevalent in many films of today.

You said it Harry. Today, most horror films rely on vast amounts of gore and a about as "scary" as Bambi. The thoughts in your head are far, far more terrifying than any SFX can create.

I don't recall Carrie needed a whole host of effects, just a very scary performance from Sissy Spacek and lots of blood!

Carrie43.jpeg

Back