• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best man speech

When I did the honours earlier in the year I asked both the grooms parents and got some great, clean fun ammo. Amazing the story that got the groom most angry was the one when he was about 5 and got pushed into the swimming pool at Shoebury East Beach by an older girl!

My best man's speech was absolutely top quality, he still gets credit for it today - 8 years on.

Memorable line was listing all the great things that happened in the year the bride was born, then going on to list all the bad things that happened in the year I was born - Dutch Elm Disease being one of them.

My best man's speech was absolutely top quality, he still gets credit for it today - 8 years on.

Memorable line was listing all the great things that happened in the year the bride was born, then going on to list all the bad things that happened in the year I was born - Dutch Elm Disease being one of them.

My best man did something similar to that at my wedding. He said all the bad things that happened on the year I was born.

Finally breaking my duck this weekend, acting as best man for my good mate Tom.

Not nervous or anything - public speaking comes relatively easily to me - but I am struggling a little for material. He's a great lad, but there aren't many dark tales from his past to which I can allude! Similarly, apart from his dad, I don't know his family at all so need to be careful with how I pitch it.

So this is a thread that (a) has me fishing for a few tips and pointers and (b) any good tales from best man speeches you've heard yourself.

PS I've got another one later in the year, but that one writes itself. The man is a total clown.

How did it go then? Any good/bad bits you'd do different next time?

Back