• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best Mate

KrustyTheKray

President
R.I.P. Best Mate

I couldn't believe it when i heard the news, i shed a tear or two
sad.gif

He was simply one of the best horses to grace the sport.

He will be sadly missed. His three Cheltenham Gold Cups wins were superb.

What happened at Exeter was tragic.

Least he can now graze in heaven with Red Rum and One Man et al.

Goodbye Matey.

Up at Cheltenham Racecourse, they're putting up a statue of the great horse. Reported in the Gloucestershire Echo this evening.

He was a real role model for youngsters and he did a lot of work for charity. It's a real shame because he was due on a Question of Sport next week.

I haven't been quite so upset at the death of an animal since the first Bouncer died in Neighbours.

I'll leave you with this thought though.

The pundits, punters and indeed the horses owner shedding so many tears over the death of this horse were quite happy for an Irish midget to be strapped to it's back who would whip it mercilessly for a couple of miles as long as they made a few quid out of it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Nov. 03 2005,08:13)]He was a real role model for youngsters and he did a lot of work for charity. It's a real shame because he was due on a Question of Sport next week.

I haven't been quite so upset at the death of an animal since the first Bouncer died in Neighbours.

The pundits, punters and indeed the horses owner shedding so many tears over the death of this horse were quite happy for an Irish midget to be strapped to it's back who would whip it mercilessly for a couple of miles as long as they made a few quid out of it.
ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Nov. 03 2005,08:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Nov. 03 2005,08:13)]He was a real role model for youngsters and he did a lot of work for charity. It's a real shame because he was due on a Question of Sport next week.

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!
i dunno .. i think thats pretty fair..
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Nov. 03 2005,08:13)]The pundits, punters and indeed the horses owner shedding so many tears over the death of this horse were quite happy for an Irish midget to be strapped to it's back who would whip it mercilessly for a couple of miles as long as they made a few quid out of it.
Very true. The more you look at it the more barbaric it seems. They basically worked this horse to death - if he could talk he'd probably be suggesting they shove the statue up the bloke with the whip's arse.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Bloke In The Pram Shop @ Nov. 03 2005,09:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Nov. 03 2005,08:13)]The pundits, punters and indeed the horses owner shedding so many tears over the death of this horse were quite happy for an Irish midget to be strapped to it's back who would whip it mercilessly for a couple of miles as long as they made a few quid out of it.
Very true. The more you look at it the more barbaric it seems. They basically worked this horse to death - if he could talk he'd probably be suggesting they shove the statue up the bloke with the whip's arse.....
Whatever!!

It's not like they raced him every week. They looked after Best Mate and primed him for only select races.

You really have not got a clue!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It's not like they raced him every week.  They looked after Best Mate and primed him for only select races.

Whilst looking forward to reaping the financial benefits of the horses retirement. Trainers, owners don't look after horses for the interest of what is best for the horse.

I'm sorry TTK and other racing fans. I'm all for live and let live but what some people find enjoyable other people find simply barbaric. I'm usually neutral about issues I find distasteful but others enjoy. When it comes to horse racing the whole "sport" stinks. A rich man's game funded by a poor man's folly

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Nov. 03 2005,22:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It's not like they raced him every week.  They looked after Best Mate and primed him for only select races.

Whilst looking forward to reaping the financial benefits of the horses retirement. Trainers, owners don't look after horses for the interest of what is best for the horse.
Well i disagree!! Henrietta Knight is a good trainer and really takes pride and care of her horses.

She basically wrapped him in cotton wool and never over raced him.

We have lost one of the best ever race horses and you lot make jokes, pathetic if you ask me.

R.I.P. BEST MATE - You will be sadly missed.......

arse off.. the racing industry breeds horses to race.. the ones that dont 'make it' end up as pet food or in some crap field by the A12. For every red rum or
Best mate there are 100 plus horses off to the knackers yard every month from the racing industry... get all sentimental cos a horse pegged it on t.v. and was famous but ignore the rest being sent off to make pedigree chum or some poncy french main course if you want,,,.....
personally i find the blubbing of those in 'the industry' some what amusing,
rock.gif

its only a horse plenty of them die across the world everyday.

oh and just because it run quick it gets special mention what about the horses that were groomed well or had good teeth etc etc .
bore me later.

no respect. don't care. it's a f%&king horse.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Nov. 03 2005,21:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Bloke In The Pram Shop @ Nov. 03 2005,09:38)]
[b said:
Whatever!!

It's not like they raced him every week.  They looked after Best Mate and primed him for only select races.

If I was a horse I would much rather be making Lloyds Bank commercials than being made to race.

Lets face it, the horse had a heart attack because it was pushed too hard, not because it had spent the last twenty years eating fatty food, smoking and drinking.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Nov. 04 2005,09:24)]Lets face it, the horse had a heart attack because it was pushed too hard, not because it had spent the last twenty years eating fatty food, smoking and drinking.
biggrin.gif

Is there any truth in the rumour that bostick are too release a "Best Mate Glue"~ faster and stronger?

And don't go saying that's sick, i mean if you flog him while alive lets crush up its bones and really exploit the nag?

CAMP BLING........ We love TOFU

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Nov. 04 2005,09:24)]Lets face it, the horse had a heart attack because it was pushed too hard, not because it had spent the last twenty years eating fatty food, smoking and drinking.
As the owner didn't allow an autopsy to be conducted, no-one knows for sure what Best Mate died of.

Some people are overreacting to this methinks.

As Southed4Ever said - it's only a horse!
rock.gif

Back