• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best of British

Durera

Director
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Well, as we&#39;ve seen, for MF it&#39;s Status Quo (?&#33;&#33;) who in your opinion is the greatest British band ever?

Big can of worms, will it be one of the oldies, or someone more recent??

I&#39;m going for the Kinks meself, frankly it amazes me that they were not even bigger... and Ray Davies must go down as the creator of Heavy Metal/Rock etc. To prove this, just look at the riff&#39;s behind some of their biggest songs...</span>

Toss up between The Stones &amp; Led Zep for me. Though Queen will always hold a special place in my heart. The three of them are fairly different so I guess it depends what mood you&#39;re in.

As for todays bands, Radiohead and Orbital for me are contenders to be rembered as long as those listed above.

Steps or s-Club 7 although my current faves are &#39;fast food rockers&#39;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 07 2003,12:17)]who? Not the ones who did the fluffy clouds song?
90&#39;s techno pioneers. The good kind of techno as opposed to 2Unlimited.

Queen, by a long, long way
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Nov. 07 2003,13:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 07 2003,12:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Nov. 07 2003,11:29)]Orbital
who? Not the ones who did the fluffy clouds song?
That was the orb
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>I always get the too mixed up...</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Nov. 07 2003,14:22)]Has to be either Blur or Feeder for me. Would U2 count?&#33;&#33;
wink.gif
Feeder are so sh*t I don&#39;t know where to start.

He&#39;s got a CD player, player, player, player.

Strokers.

If they came down my local they wouldn&#39;t get 7 days in the sun.

They&#39;d get 3 weeks in hospital.

Stone Roses for me&#33;
What about your best bands in each decade?
Small Faces - 60&#39;s
Jam - 70 - 80&#39;s
Stone Roses - 80&#39;s - early nineties
Electric 6 - noughties

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Nov. 07 2003,14:22)]Has to be either Blur or Feeder for me. Would U2 count?&#33;&#33;
wink.gif
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Ah&#33; The memories&#33; Feeder at the Army &amp; Navy with only about 30 others&#33;

Blur at the Cliffs&#33;&#33;

Neither&#39;d get my vote though... Feeder just can&#39;t hack it against their peers...

Blur IMHO are great, BUT&#33; the only album with any lasting power is (ironically) Modern Life...</span>

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>And NO, U2 do not count... For one they&#39;re Irish, rather than Northern (so Ash would count), and secondly they released Discotheque&#33;</span>

Back