• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best Place to live - in and around southend!

• Southend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Southchurch

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Westcliff

• Leigh on Sea

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Shoebury

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Thorpe Bay

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Wakering

• Chalkwell

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

sufc_stu

Coach
Everyone’s talking about all the pikey places and sh*te holes in Southend but I want to know where everyone thinks is the best place to live in Southend!

Please post ones that I have missed!

blues.gif

ermmmm well Hockley is nice but the people are quite simply ars holes, but if you moved Hockley nearer Southend then i guess it would be nice.

But in terms of area id have 2 go for Hockley but if your talking generally then Southchurch/Leigh does it.

I like it where I am in Vange. I live in a fairly quiet area (notwithstanding drunken Shrimpers at 3am), neighbours are really nice and not too far from where my son lives. Been here since I was a toddler and honestly can't imagine living anywhere else at the moment.

If you're talking about nice areas to live aesthetically I'd say old Leigh or Canewdon.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 30 2003,20:41)]ermmmm well Hockley is nice but the people are quite simply ars holes,
Why do you make such comments when there are several people on here who live in Hockley ?
Mrs mcnasty comes from Hockley and I might just give her your address and sit back and watch her rip your head off , you pratt.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Oct. 30 2003,21:07)]I  like it where I am in Vange.  I live in a fairly quiet area (notwithstanding drunken Shrimpers at 3am),
haha
wink.gif

U should try living on the high road like i do. It's always noisy at night, drunken people walking home from the Railway and other pubs round here. Nasty!

tounge.gif

Or Ashingdon (we have a Historical landmark dont you know a Church with a longboat AS the rafters !!!) And Canewdon has witches (Oh trust me they are real !).

In fact as i recall Ashingdon , Canewdon , Hockley and Rochford are all in the Doomsday book but Southend isnt !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The 4th man @ Oct. 30 2003,23:09)]In fact as i recall Ashingdon , Canewdon , Hockley and Rochford are all in the Doomsday book but Southend isnt !
Not too sure on my historical knowledge here, but is that because Southend didn't exist back then. Wasn't it Prittlewell and then from that spurned Southend as the South-end of Prittlewell.

Back