• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best radio station

Yellow Army

Members
Essex Fm PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..

CHANGE THE SODDING PLAY LIST!

It seems to repeat in loops every 3 hours, same songs over and over and over again, and make you wanna scream! I cant take much more of James Blunt or coldplay anymore!

What does eveyone tune into on the wireless?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Mar. 03 2006,20:43)]Essex Fm PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..

CHANGE THE SODDING PLAY LIST!

It seems to repeat in loops every 3 hours,
I agree, every news report, it has you on
tounge.gif

all the local stations play the same thing over and over and over and over and over and (i could go on)

I find radio to be largely appalling during the day. I listen to Xfm in the mornings (purely because it's less offensive than the other stations), and a bit of either Radio 2 or Radio 4 from 18:30 onwards. Other than that, it's sh!te.

I'll only listen to Radio 2 and Radio 5 when i'm down here. Severn Sound is just as bad as Essex Fm. I do miss Talksport, but can't pick it up in Chelts.

And it's XFM and occasionally Invicta (If I have to) depending on where I live when i'm back in Essex.

usually the fan 590 to and from work and if i am bored with sports headlines 680 news.as for run of the mill music it has to be jack fm on 92.5 it plays stuff from the 70's 80's 90's.next week with the hockey trade deadline i will be glued to the fan.

TALK SPORT for me hills have you tryed both fequencys for talk sport 1089am which works well round essex but theres also 1053am which I find works better up north bit like 5Live with 909 and 606

Talk Sport can also be found on 1107 in some areas.

Talk Sport (but definitely not Alan Brazil's brekkie show
mad.gif
)
Radio 4
The World Service
BBC Essex for the morning travel news and Rog Buxton's fake laugh

Five Live if I want news/sport, Xfm if I want music.

Heart 106.2 if I'm in the car and Uxbridge Shrimperette is driving
sad.gif
laugh.gif

Kiss 100FM for me most days...

Lush 107FM when im in boy racer mode down the seafront!..

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 04 2006,11:51)]Kiss 100FM for me most days...
Ah! I remember the days in the late-80s when I used to fix up a dodgy cable aerial outside my bedroom window to pick up Kiss, then a pirate station ...

Xfm if I'm in range, if not Virgin.

Saturdays is Radio 5 Live day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 04 2006,07:42)]TALK SPORT for me hills have you tryed both fequencys for talk sport 1089am which works well round essex but theres also 1053am which I find works better up north bit like 5Live with 909 and 606
Ive tried all the frequencies, but still no luck. If I do pick up anything, it'll be all cracky. So its Radio 5 for me at the moment on my radio.

I miss listening to James Whale in the evenings. He's quite amusing.

Has to be Virgin, but I just wish they would go Nationwide with 105.8FM and not just in London.

Listening to 1215MW at night just aint possible!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ Mar. 04 2006,05:29)]usually the fan 590 to and from work and if i am bored with sports headlines 680 news.as for run of the mill music it has to be jack fm on 92.5 it plays stuff from the 70's 80's 90's.next week with the hockey trade deadline i will be glued to the fan.
I was over in Toronto a few weeks ago, managed to get tickets for Maple Leafs v NJ Devils, Raptors v LA Clippers, and Raptors v San Antonio Spurs!

Had a great time and trully loved Toronto!

So cold though and snowy!

Would love to go back there sometime!

The Maple Leafs are superb!

Back