• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best relegation fight ever?

MrB

Life President
My interest in the Premier League is never much more than as a casual observer other than following Wolves' results due to my dad being a fan. However this season is gearing up to be a cracker as the season turns for home. Not at the top, Man Utd will almost certainly win it and the top 4 look pretty settled now.

But at the bottom it looks like it will go all the way. 3 points separate the bottom 8 and with eight matches remaining, even Bolton and Everton in 7th and 8th probably need another win or two just to be sure.

It's rare for the PL to get particularly interesting but with the teams at the bottom all regularly picking up wins nobody is getting left behind as they have in previous seasons. I really hope it will be one of those last day scenarios where any 3 of about 6 or 7 teams can still go down. Will give some interest to the last few weeks as our season finishes about 3 weeks before that (or more some might argue).

13 Blackburn Rovers - 33
14 Aston Villa - 33
15 Blackpool - 33
16 West Bromwich Albion - 33
17 West Ham United - 32
18 Wolverhampton Wanderers - 32
19 Birmingham City - 31
20 Wigan Athletic - 30

My bet would be Blackpool, Wigan and West Brom. Though I have a sneaky feeling Blackburn might drift into it as well.

Watching Blackburn at the weekend, I'd say they look like a team doomed to be dragged into some serious trouble. They looked completely disjointed in midfield (their pass completion rate never went above 63%) and their accuracy in front of goal was shocking (7.7% of their shots were on target).

West Brom, Wigan and Blackburn for me. Blackburn are in a dire mess and have a very inexperienced manager in charge. If Big Sam was stil in charge then I would fancy them to stay up - but then would they be in this mess if he still was? Who knows! West Brom have came up and given it a go and played good football at times but they are not prolific in front of goal and sloppy at the back - bad news when you are fighting relegation. West Brom will always be a yo-yo club until they get some good investment. As for Wigan, I do like Martinez but there is not enough quality.

Back