• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best Single MOMENT this season:

Best Single MOMENT this season: - Votes please...

• The final whistle sounds as team of 6 men beat Swansea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • News comes out of Wignall's sacking

• Smithy scores the winner against Canvey Island

• The fourth goal goes in against QPR

• The third goes to make it 3-1 away at Colchester

• Drewe's scores at home in the replay (to give us the lead)

• The final whistle goes in that replay (we're off to Cardiff)

• One moment from Cardiff (please specify)

• The third rolls in against Darlington

• Total voters
Okay so...

NOT the defining moment.
NOT any particular game.

Vote for the best SINGLE MOMENT this season, the moment you almost wet yourself, the moment you almost cried/burst/creamed/exploded, the moment when being a Southend United supporter was the best feeling in the world.

For me, it was the moment when Drewe put the ball away to put us in the driving seat at home to Col U.  That moment for me is the highlight of the year.

For me it's got to be the last few seconds of the Colchester match when everyone reliased we were actually going to Cardiff!

Drew's goal was mental and i will never forget the noise for as long as i live, even if he is a sh*te player.

Erm...

My apologies to Mark Gower for saying "the third rolls in against Darlington". As I recall, that's not quite what happened.

Stopping en route to Cardiff at the service station on the M4 and seeing nothing but Blues fans

between three for me. Drewe's goal, final whistle at Roots Hall or (probably with bias as it was more recent) Gower's belter vs Darlo. First two self-explanatory. Gower's goal showed how far we've come under Tilly and Brush. Went down to a couple of unlucky goals and to an undeserved deficit but had the heart to come back. If we push on next season, Gower's goal will be something of a defining moment for me.

Has to be the moments just before and after the final whistle vs Col U at home. Everyone gatherered at the front of the South Upper, people who had supported Southend through thick and thin (mostly thick) for decades. Absolutely unreal.

You can't buy that and I know cos' I've tried to lots of times.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ April 23 2004,13:28)]Has to be the moments just before and after the final whistle vs Col U at home. Everyone gatherered at the front of the South Upper, people who had supported Southend through thick and thin (mostly thick) for decades. Absolutely unreal.

You can't buy that and I know cos' I've tried to lots of times.
The Shrimpers afterwards was a happy place to be.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ April 23 2004,13:28)]people who had supported Southend through thick and thin (mostly thick) for decades. Absolutely unreal.
Perhaps your point is illustrated by my friend who I dragged along. It wasn't til after a good hour in the Plough that he finally realised it was the regional final and we were on our way to Cardiff.

Ever since some dude posted on Rivals describing Bramble as out of this world, the term doesn't really hold much meaning for me anymore!

Walking up the stairs to enter the actual stadium was a moment for me!

I just stood there, speechless thinking to myself "Are we worthy!"  That moment will be etched on my mind forever.

A very close second is the moment that the final whistle blew at RH in the Area Final!  

Wow! What a season we have had!
biggrin.gif

Jay's winner against Canvey for me. Down to 10 men against the pikey in the greatest cup competition in the World.

Ok, second greatest. I forgot the LDV there for a second
smile.gif

Second would have to be the final whistle against Colchester though.

Taking our seat on the plane, I looked at Mrs. OS with a lump in my throat (thinking about it now does the same thing) and saying 'f**k me... we're going to Cardiff to watch Southend!'

Taking off, I also thought to myself: 'It would be just my bloody luck if we were to crash!'

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 23 2004,13:55)]Can I just ask what replay ?
No you can't. In the same way that you can't ask what happened to the other two players against Swansea
smile.gif

A toss up between the atmosphere at the final whistle in the SECOND LEG of the final vs Col Ewe or driving down the M4 amongst a sea of blue and stopping at two service stations full of Blues coaches, minibuses and cars.

Maher's inch perfect curler on Tuesday (fantastic vision) has to rate a close third. You all thought it was a shot. ;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 23 2004,13:59)]Maher's inch perfect curler on Tuesday (fantastic vision) has to rate a close third. You all thought it was a shot. ;)
No, we thought it was a cross.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Can I just ask what replay ?

No you can't. In the same way that you can't ask what happened to the other two players against Swansea

Indeed. The missing players v. Swansea was part of the whole point. The mention of "replay" - well, fair point, well made. I know what I meant and I guess so did you.

tounge.gif

For me it has to be standing in the Millenium Stadium watching the mighty Shrimpers lined up, and 20,000 Southend fans singing the National Anthem. Did that really happen or am dreaming?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Back