• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best Single MOMENT this season:

Best Single MOMENT this season: - Votes please...

• The final whistle sounds as team of 6 men beat Swansea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • News comes out of Wignall's sacking

• Smithy scores the winner against Canvey Island

• The fourth goal goes in against QPR

• The third goes to make it 3-1 away at Colchester

• Drewe's scores at home in the replay (to give us the lead)

• The final whistle goes in that replay (we're off to Cardiff)

• One moment from Cardiff (please specify)

• The third rolls in against Darlington

• Total voters
A team of 6 beat Swansea?

Wouldn't the match have been void if that were the case?
wink.gif

I think the most surreal moment was Tommytwoholes and myself dancing in the East Greens as the players did a lap of honour after getting through to Cardiff against Col Ewe (baa). Never forget that....

Or when I woke up late on the morning of the final, and had to leg it from the car park at Benfleet station as the train pulled as I left my mobile on the passenger seat of my car....

For me it's got to be entering the seating area at the top tier of the millenium stadium, and thinking how different it is to Roots hall.

Close second though was Warren's goal against Swansea, forget the final whistle, we'd as good as won when that went in.
biggrin.gif

Mind you, with the exception of the Cheltenham away game, these are the only matches I've seen. guess I just got lucky
wink.gif

Yeah, believe me, there were some shtinkers earlier in the season that you missed. Managed to persuade a mate down in Pompey to go to the Orient home game and promised him that they wouldn't beat Leon Cort.

They didn't

However, no other players turned up and we were absolutely dire. Good goal from Conny though late on

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 23 2004,13:55)]Taking our seat on the plane, I looked at Mrs. OS with a lump in my throat
I wondered at first where this was going OS!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ April 23 2004,14:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 23 2004,13:55)]Taking our seat on the plane, I looked at Mrs. OS with a lump in my throat
I wondered at first where this was going OS!
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
I looked at her with a lump in my throat and asked if she wanted one in hers
rock.gif
laugh.gif

There's been too many good moments to specify one.

Being one of the first to get in to Mill Stad and just seeing it was a sight to behold. It was massive!!

Jay Smith's winner was probably the most excitable moment.

Beating Col Ewe was more relief than anything else!!

Kev

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 23 2004,14:55)]There's been too many good moments to specify one.

Being one of the first to get in to Mill Stad and just seeing it was a sight to behold. It was massive!!

Jay Smith's winner was probably the most excitable moment.

Beating Col Ewe was more relief than anything else!!

Kev

cool.gif
What about The General being pictured in the EE with "Those Gloves"?

wink.gif

Jay's winner against the Pikies will always be special, but I think Drewe's goal combined with the Final whistle at RH will be the one that wins it for me.

many wonderfull moments this season.

My favourites were:

Scoring 3 goals away at colchester:Brilliant.

Jay Sniths wondergoal, Beating canvey 3-2 at their place.

Drewe equalising at home to Colchester.

seeing 20 thousand southend fans in cardiff, seeing our players on the widescreen tv, seeing all the blue flags and entering the wonderfull stadium it self!

and comming from 2-0 down to win 3-2 aginst darlo. which pretty much guranteed our league survival

But the best was hearing the final whistle at roots hall against col u which meant we were going to our first ever final.

Being at the AGM, when Ron Martin announced that planning permission had been passed for the new stadium and that work was going to start immediately, which meant that the debt was now written off and additional funds were soon to be available for team building.

Oh sorry that was meant to have been the best moment of the 1999-2000, season and 2000-2001 and 2001-2002 and 2002-2003..........

tough decision. But id plump for standing in the upper tier of the millennium stadium with 20,000 other blues fans singing the national anthem, Ive never seen so many male blues fans having a tear in their eye, well tears of pride and joy anyway!!. A moment that will always remain in my heart. Im hoping next season it will be a pitch invasion on the last day of the season at home to orient, in front of 12000 after we pip orient to the title with a last minute winner!!..
One can only dream!!.........

biggrin.gif

For a season which was looking to be total and utter gloom at xmas, 2004 has been unreal.

the best moments for me have been:

the scum away, could not believe it, especially with the bad start, did 3 goals really go in?

then the 2nd leg, Drewe's goal, the final whistle, Cardiff. WOW.

cardiff was such a special weekend, me and my girlfreind drove up on Saturday, and i have never felt so proud. Cars on the M4 all honking and people waving at each other, the services full of shrimpers.
We stayed in a travelodge in Bristol and 3 quarters of the cars in the car park had shrimpers flags/badges in them.
The atmosphere at the millennium stadium, and watching Southend play in that magnificent arena.

i have voted for the 2nd leg against the scum though, cos thats what got us to that special day for so many people.

ONE TEAM IN ESSEX.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ April 23 2004,13:55)]Jay's winner against Canvey for me. Down to 10 men against the pikeys in the greatest cup competition in the World.
Me too.  There was something very special on tap at the Sports Bar that evening.  Something very special, oddly enough, about seing the Blues on telly.

When that went in, we went so mental.

Drewe's goal came a very close second, followed by the "Stand up if you love Southend" chant during the first half of the final... spine-tingling.

Oddly enough, full time vs. the Ewes wasn't so great.  I'd felt sick with nerves throught the entire second half... so the full-time whistle brought relief more than joy.

Matt

P.S. Seeing that list of special moments, though... Wow. This has been a fantastic season, for one that has been so rubbish in so many ways! Just sitting here grinning at the moment, thinking of Tes's goal at the Scum... "Simon Brown, Simon Brown, Simon Broowwwwnnnn..."

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ April 23 2004,15:52)]Im hoping next season it will be a pitch invasion on the last day of the season at home to orient, in front of 12000 after we pip orient to the title with a last minute winner!!..
Can we change that to:

Im hoping next season it will be a pitch invasion on the last day of the season at home to orient, in front of 12000 after we have confirmed the title and relegated Orient with a last minute winner!!..

Much better....
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Surrey Blue @ April 23 2004,14:06)]For me it has to be standing in the Millenium Stadium watching the mighty Shrimpers lined up, and 20,000 Southend fans singing the National Anthem. Did that really happen or am dreaming?

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Neck and Neck for me....

Walking into the MS, to see that fantastic turnout, and then seeing the team come out, tears not far away. but equally important from my point of view...

The final whistle against Carlisle. To come back from the disappointment of Cardiff and put in a performance like that! Bear in mind that despite managing to catch at least one match a season, I hadn't seen my team win for 4 years... Seeing the team come over to applaud the fans, and knowing that the two shrimplets were as pleased and excited as I was... Magic

If it was a thread about importance and all that bla bla I would've said something different, but it isn't and my answer is Jay Smiths 2nd goal versus Canvey! Don't know why, but I celebrated that so much and just went mental in teh pit that is the Pikey Lane away stand!

Back