• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best supported club next season(takeover permitting)

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
With Wrexham and Notts County gone, surely a post takeover Southend united would be the best supported?

We have sold maybe 2500 season cards thus far. We all know why. I think we sold 3500+ the previous season.

I'd like to think that with new owners we would shift 5k+ and achieve a 7500-8000 average, maybe more if we were flying along in the league.

Surely that would beat Oldham who appeared to bottom out over the season and chesterfield, who tend to be quite steady at around 6500. With Wrexham and Notts taking 1000s away to both of those clubs. It will further dent their respective attendances.

I know it's all ifs and buts, but surely now we can at least claim some form of top spot.

I think we could at least be 2nd behind Oldham. It does depend how we do of course and also how Oldham do. Oldham were well supported last season but this will now be their 2nd season at this level so their crowds may 'settle' down a bit. Chesterfield will have decent crowds again but we werent far behind them last season so could easily move ahead of them.

Southend are massive everywhere they go home and away I’m gonna make my prediction next season Southend promoted and England win Euros lol 😂

We seem to have a glass ceiling of around 8000 plus away fans, we rarely get above that even for big games, unless its a rare Cardiff / Wembley trip or semi-final leading to it. The fact our capacity seems to be limited to around that number doesn't help but I don't think we've actually 'sold out' for a few years now. If things are going well we should be one of the top three gates-wise next season, with Chesterfield and Oldham.

I think the potential is there for more, if we can have a run of stability and reasonable success, in a new stadium without multiple obstacles in the way of the view. I could see us getting double figures regularly if we were top-end L1 in the new stadium, maybe low teens if we could reach the Championship & stay there for a while.

The live tv streaming could hit away attendances more next season.
The post covid enthusiasm may wane, travel is more expensive, away ends are often the worse (Barnet, Daggers aside).
We generally get poor numbers visiting us and the South may be a good place to put them, make lower standing.
North Bank home standing and take away wall from West.
Get a volunteers call out asap to get some work done pdq.

Those of you hoping for the North Bank to return to standing. It's not an option unfortunately. Once it went all-seater, it cannot then return to terracing. Unless a lot of money is spent and "safe-standing" is installed. It's just not viable at RH unfortunately.

With Wrexham and Notts County gone, surely a post takeover Southend united would be the best supported?

We have sold maybe 2500 season cards thus far. We all know why. I think we sold 3500+ the previous season.

I'd like to think that with new owners we would shift 5k+ and achieve a 7500-8000 average, maybe more if we were flying along in the league.

Surely that would beat Oldham who appeared to bottom out over the season and chesterfield, who tend to be quite steady at around 6500. With Wrexham and Notts taking 1000s away to both of those clubs. It will further dent their respective attendances.

I know it's all ifs and buts, but surely now we can at least claim some form of top spot.
Orient have sold 4000 we will definitely match that and even more the amount of people I know will start coming again

Those of you hoping for the North Bank to return to standing. It's not an option unfortunately. Once it went all-seater, it cannot then return to terracing. Unless a lot of money is spent and "safe-standing" is installed. It's just not viable at RH unfortunately.
Understood, could not the North return as a home end? And have area season tickets with no specific seat designation?

The live tv streaming could hit away attendances more next season.
The post covid enthusiasm may wane, travel is more expensive, away ends are often the worse (Barnet, Daggers aside).
We generally get poor numbers visiting us and the South may be a good place to put them, make lower standing.
North Bank home standing and take away wall from West.
Get a volunteers call out asap to get some work done pdq.
This would be well supported now, we have a collection of tradesmen among us to enable us to get the Hall through the safety certification.

Understood, could not the North return as a home end? And have area season tickets with no specific seat designation?
Well, I and a few others like @TrueBlue have argued this with the club for years. We managed to get it back for a while (half of it) then it was taken away as the club said it cost too much to police and a nightmare to manage footfall in and out safely. The club always say its impossible to put away fans anywhere else. Which I fail to understand, especially in this league when 25 and a dog away fans show up most weeks.

Can it be revisited with the new owners?....we can ask. However, I think it will cost more money that will be better spent elsewhere.

Sorry but we always have amazing support home and away! Not sure oldham fans turn out for away games like our fans do! What we have achieved In recent times is much better then oldham!

Back