• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best supported club next season(takeover permitting)

The first thing we need to do, is buy a sheet of metal and divide the north, let us have the northwest and half the north.

Only potentially Dagges could fill more than half.

If we see new owners, investment and us challenging with a bright future then I can see attendances ramping up.

We’ve already proven what we can muster when the club is a shocking state.

I’ll be buzzing for away games see if we can a few more people go attend Southend will once again be the best away supported team by none as we over take ground we go to

Based on what?

Potential. Orient have a very close proximity to the hammers which limits their ability to grow.

Their current stadium holds just 9200 odd. We are trying to hopefully build a stadium of double the size.

Orients crowds for the past 20 seasons have likely been inferior to ours, maybe 1 or 2 seasons aside.

They haven't played in the top 2 divisions since 1982.

Orient have fared better in historic levels ie they have played top flight and made a fa cup semi final.

We need the new owners and new stadium to unlock our true potential but I'd say as of right now Orient are in a higher league spot but Sufc are a bigger club.

Last edited:
Interestingly, I thought anyway, Twitter followers of the above mentioned clubs are as follows:

Notts County: 101.2
Chesterfield: 99.2k
Southend: 95.7k
Orient: 89.4k
Oldham: 83.2k
Col U: 80.7k

Assuming that none of them are going above and beyond in terms of digital marketing and content, it’s a potentially good measure of “interest” in the clubs. I was quite surprised to see Col U even close but I guess typing’s easier with more fingers.

Wrexham’s 525k shows the massive skew from a strong social media spotlight. Taking care myself to get carried away by that ridiculous potential from a documentary or two!

Potential. Orient have a very close proximity to the hammers which limits there ability to grow.

Their current stadium holds just 9200 odd. We are trying to hopefully build a stadium of double the size.

Orients crowds for the past 20 seasons have likely been inferior to ours, maybe 1 or 2 seasons aside.

They haven't played in the top 2 divisions since 1982.

Orient have fared better in historic levels ie they have played top flight and made a fa cup semi final.

We need the new owners and new stadium to unlock our true potential but I'd say as of right now Orient are in a higher league spot but Sufc are a bigger club.
But you haven't compared Orients court appearances and debts to SUFC's court appearances and debts.

5k+ is optimistic IMO, we won't have shifted that many since we were in the Championship.

Well we have shifted about 2.5k I think already. Miraculous given the current circumstances.

That should double with a wave of optimism generated by new, proper and ambitious owners.

Well we have shifted about 2.5k I think already. Miraculous given the current circumstances.

That should double with a wave of optimism generated by new, proper and ambitious owners.
We sold 2,500 season cards

I always said there is only one team in Essex but Col ewe get relegated and we get promoted wow 🤩 heaven above

Back