• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BetFred Warning

steveo

mine to stay the same please
The free matched bet that Betfred offer is only applicable if your first bet is at evens or higher.

My first bet was odds on and I wrongly assumed the first bet I made of evens or more would qualify me for a free bet, but this is apparently not the case. It’s all in subsection 4 of the very small print of terms and conditions.

Call me naïve but I think they should mention this in their main Free Bet advert.

Deposited 30 quid, leaving with 54. Goodbye Fred, it’s been unemotional.

Hmm, that's poor, albeit not unheard of. The hiding it away in their Ts and Cs is rather underhand.

So if I deposit £50, I need to put £50 on a bet of evens+ to get a free £50 bet? Does the evens requirement apply for the free bet too?

So if I deposit £50, I need to put £50 on a bet of evens+ to get a free £50 bet? Does the evens requirement apply for the free bet too?

As I understand it, you first bet must be at evens or higher. Whatever the value (up to £50) will be matched with a free bet supposedly. Not sure about the price of the free bet. They have a link on their site to email them about free bets. Ask first.

Thanks Steveo for pointing this out.
A horrible marketing ploy that will never get them in trouble! Once signed up I bet the majority stay with them anyway so they won't do too badly out of it.

Not me, I withdrew my winnings, cant be doing with firms that have to hide their true colours in small print. Underhand shysters.

However, I looked at Boyle sports and they didnt mention any stipulations regarding the free bet, so I asked them. This is what they said:

Initial Question/Comment: if I open an account presumably I qualify for a free bet as long as my first bet is £10 or over. Are there any stipulations on what price the first bet must be at or on what event it can be made on. For example can i bet 20 quid on England tomorrow and get a free 20 quid bet to do whatever i want with?

Nicola has joined this session!

Connected with Nicola. Your Reference Number for this chat is 6311.

There are no minimum odds specified for your first bet, however we do reserve the right to revoke the free bet if we feel the offer is being abused. I would recommend you place your bet at EVS or above.

The free bet can then be used online as you wish and on any market

So from what you are saying there is a minimum of evens then, although this isnt stated in your terms and conditions

We do not specify minimum odds in our terms and conditions, but we do say that the free bet can be revoked at any time if we feel it is being abused.

so if i backed england tomorrow night would i get a free bet?

Yes, that should be fine

Even though they will be odds on?

As I said EVS or above is recommended. However each account and bet is taken on its own merit. I shouldn't think there would be a problem with your bet selection

ok thanks, have a nice day.

So I think it should be ok although Nicola didnt seem al that convinced.

That is poor customer service if you ask me!
There are no definitive guidelines on the issue. Wouldn't it be convenient of them to take away the free bet.
What is the point in the chat reference number when all the girl has done is work her way around the issue. These companies make enough money as it is. You would think that stipulations regarding a free bet for the value of £20 would be non-existent. Well I would anyway.

Betfred screwed me over ages ago .

I had won some amount of about 30 quid on poker deposited back into my account and it never came. Queried them about it and they said speak to your bank. Bank said bet fred have to trace payment. Bet fred said no we dont speak to your bank.

Went backwards and forwards for a while and got nowhere. Bottom line i closed my account and sacked it off.

Betfred screwed me over ages ago .

I had won some amount of about 30 quid on poker deposited back into my account and it never came. Queried them about it and they said speak to your bank. Bank said bet fred have to trace payment. Bet fred said no we dont speak to your bank.

Interesting. I just banked my winnings and emailed the stroppy bird and told them they suck. Maybe I should have waited til the money hit my bank, lol.

Interesting. I just banked my winnings and emailed the stroppy bird and told them they suck. Maybe I should have waited til the money hit my bank, lol.

haha - I have been checking my bank balance daily since Monday morning as I was due a bit of a windfall to arrive and safe to say it is finally there this morning. Thanks Coral.

Back