• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Betsy loaned out

I have only just had access to the internet and I am so shocked but all the events of today, that I cannot actually think of anything TO say. Speechless.

Are we that much in debt?????????????????????

what the hell is going on. will be playing youth team players to make up numbers

And whats wrong with having youth teamers on the bench?

I liked Betsy, but his been disappointing to be frank. Scannell now has to step up to the plate, its as simple as that.

Scannell has had chances in the side, and shown what he can do in fits and starts but now he is our only recognised wide player in our squad. Time for Scannell to shine.

Oh, and good luck Betsy.

Glad to see the club refrained from another Geoff King "slagathon" & deferred to a more business like announcement.

Wow. Just wow. When my phone beeped I wondered if it was the latest chapter in the SUFC soap-opera but hoped it might be a signing to make us all eat our words. Didn't expect another one heading out.

Whether Revell or Betsy were any good or not is a debate for another time. But if we were planning on clearing the decks to build again perhaps we could try doing it at a better time than the afternoon that the transfer window shuts.

We'll have two empty spots on the subs bench on Friday presuming that no one gets injured and no one else has been shown the exit door.

Look, we won't be buying anyone. Loans are what we will be dealing in for a while now as we all know we don't have a lot of money.

The loan window re-opens soon and if we clear the decks a bit with the makeweight we can afford better quality loanees.

Betsy was ok but no more. He wasn't playing anyway so we've lost nothing.

We know we won't be buying anyone but i would've expected one or two free transfers to be completed this summer. Also, you say we've lost nothing, yes we have. We've lost a valuable players who could've given back-up. We haven't even got 4 wingers now.

We know we won't be buying anyone but i would've expected one or two free transfers to be completed this summer. Also, you say we've lost nothing, yes we have. We've lost a valuable players who could've given back-up. We haven't even got 4 wingers now.

aww another 16 year old who knows best.

Acc to Wycombes site the deal was done with 188 seconds left of the transfer window. Would suggest we havent got anyone in but hey ho heres hoping.

Meh. Can't say that that's a big loss.

Concerned about lack of numbers now - that's 15 fit and available outfield players for Friday, including Herd & O'Keefe. We'd better be lucky with injuries.

Matt

Real hero at Wycombe it seems.

And like Revell - good on him, hope it works out. Betsy is a decent pro and will be good for him to get some confidence back and play in front of a crowd that appreciates what he can do on his day.

It's inevitable players are being shipped out and nobody coming in. Had a little peep at what the Echo are running with tomorrow. If it's true, it's probably a choice of letting players go or letting the club itself go.

It's inevitable players are being shipped out and nobody coming in. Had a little peep at what the Echo are running with tomorrow. If it's true, it's probably a choice of letting players go or letting the club itself go.

Can't argue with that, and I said earlier in the Summer that we needed to be making drastic cuts. It's the lack of honesty that's annoyed me.

Can't argue with that, and I said earlier in the Summer that we needed to be making drastic cuts. It's the lack of honesty that's annoyed me.

Blimey, if they'd have painted a gloomy picture there would have been a riot.

What were they seriously meant to say?

Give us the truth, it's what the fans want no matter how bad it hurts. At least we'll know what position we're in.

Don't say that we're going to make early signings.

Don't say that there's nothing wrong with the finances and that we're just waiting for the right players to come along.

Don't say that a winding up order is nothing to worry about when we've told a Court that the only way we can pay off what we owe is when (if?) we get a big cheque from Sainsburys.

Don't slag off a decent, hard-working player who is blatantly being flogged to balance the books.

Back