• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Betsy loaned out

it's what the fans want

Sometimes what you want isn't whats best for you.

People wanted us to splash millions on staying in the Championship. As it is we appear to have overstretched ourselves, imagine how we'd be had some of our posters been holding the purse strings.

Sometimes what you want isn't whats best for you.

People wanted us to splash millions on staying in the Championship. As it is we appear to have overstretched ourselves, imagine how we'd be had some of our posters been holding the purse strings.

Obviously you sometimes never get what you want but it'd be better for the harmony between the fans and players i feel if they at least gave us a small indication into this dealings, wether they were footballing or finanically, at least we'll know then that we are either in trouble with money or if they felt they needed to move elsewhere.

Just when I thought this deadline day couldnt get worse, Betsy went out on loan, what is going on with our club?!

Sad news this evening as Gary (southminster) has had to be put into a home for older men after the tragic news of Kevin Betsy going out on loan..Gary always had a soft spot for Betsy, he brought everything from the club shop with his picture on..One of Gary's lasty cry's apparently before the men in white coats was..."Please let me have my pillow because I like to dribble on Kev's face".

Betsy to Wycombe

Couldn't see a thread for this. Has the news escaped everyone's attention, or is everyone too upset at Revell's departure?

Funnily enough I went to Wycombe tonight with some friends. Nearly fell off my chair when Mr Betsy himself was presented at half time.

That's another body out the door who has failed to deliver what he was brought in for. Like Revell, Betsy seemed like a nice guy who wasn't doing what we needed of him. I know he got a few assists last year but a winger should be getting assists most games.

Despite all the fuss that's been made, and GK's tactless utterances aside, I've got no problem at all if we're reducing our wage bill by moving these sort of players on.

That's another body out the door who has failed to deliver what he was brought in for. Like Revell, Betsy seemed like a nice guy who wasn't doing what we needed of him. I know he got a few assists last year but a winger should be getting assists most games.

Despite all the fuss that's been made, and GK's tactless utterances aside, I've got no problem at all if we're reducing our wage bill by moving these sort of players on.

Where does it end though? Being honest, most of our players "are not delivering" in one way or another as we are struggling.

Barrett - Legs have gone
Francis - Never been 100% convinced, lacks concentration
Mildy - Not the best keeper in the league, prone to errors
Grant - Not been playing well right midfield
Macca - Not the player he once was
Freedman - Absolutely shot
Walker - A joke

See what I mean? I'm being a bit harsh, but no worse than King was about Revell and the same you could land at Betsy's feet.

These players above must have read the comments from King and thought 'who is next?'.

Wycombe actually came in for Betsy a few weeks back and offered money to take him on a permanent deal, but the clubs couldn't agree on a figure.

I have only just had access to the internet and I am so shocked but all the events of today, that I cannot actually think of anything TO say. Speechless.

Are we that much in debt?????????????????????

Some good has come out of this then Tinks...a woman that is speechless ;)

Back