• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
This is a massive game for Bury-

This from their board-

Its a must win need to make money from a cup run could be the difference between relegation or staying up Chelsea away would do if we win sat.

This is not an isolated view and is shared by many on the Shakers board calling it the 'most important game of the season'.

Ok , Its a big game for us because the money could be very handy. But I would not be losing too much sleep if we went out. The league has to be all important and you can pick up unwanted injuries in these games.
So is this a bigger game for them than it is us ?​

Short term financial view, then yes at this point in time it is the most important game of the season for us as well.
I doubt the Bury fans will be flocking to the match, just like we will probably take more fans to Fleetwood the following week.

Being picked up at Rayleigh weir at 7am, this game means a lot to me and fellow travellers

Biggest game of the season.

We were clear at the top last year whilst we were still in the cup. As soon as we got knocked out we started losing in the league.

Momentum is huge, as would be getting a big payday in the third round. The prize money for getting through to the next round pays the wages for a replacement to Makandwire for the rest of the season.

But how huge would it be for confidence to show that we can win without the two loanees we are likely to lose in January.

Two win's would be huge for us this week, I can't stress that enough.

A day out against a big Premiership side will live in the memory for years for us supporters, I bet many on here remember the run back in 92/93, or the Goodison Park and Dell visits. Further back is the Liverpool and Spurs ties. Then of course more recently, the Chelsea and Spurs matches and of course Man Utd (ALthough Carling Cup). These stay with a fan forever, much like Liverpool would have done last year.

Then Johnstone Paint time and if we beat Brentford, I believe we can get to Wembley - Brentford are the best Southern side remaining. Wembley one day has to happen, sureley

Their 1st choice striker Hopper is on loan and can't play in the FA cup, that equals things up a bit regarding BA.
Last home gate V Bournemouth was 2541 , so not going to be much made out of 50% of gate money on this game.

Their 1st choice striker Hopper is on loan and can't play in the FA cup, that equals things up a bit regarding BA.
Last home gate V Bournemouth was 2541 , so not going to be much made out of 50% of gate money on this game.

No, but a win is worth £27,000 in prize money, plus another five figure amount in gate receipts from this one plus whatever we get in the next round. This is huge. If we get beyond the second round it's free money, money not already allocated and spent.

MASSIVE GAME.

We were clear at the top last year whilst we were still in the cup. As soon as we got knocked out we started losing in the league.

Momentum is huge, as would be getting a big payday in the third round. The prize money for getting through to the next round pays the wages for a replacement to Makandwire for the rest of the season.

But how huge would it be for confidence to show that we can win without the two loanees we are likely to lose in January.

yes to everythin here , i have said it on another thread.this could be a massive game for us.had we have got to play liverpool last year who knows what might have happened. Extra. Cash, moshni and hall in shop window and big bids come in. 2astwood is famous outside essex for one goal, maybe moshni haLl could have done the same

Who knows? Beating manu happened, drawing against chelse* happemned

Last edited:
yes to everythin here , i have said it on another thread.this could be a massive game for us.had we have got to play liverpool last year who knows what might have happened. Extra. Cash, moshni and hall in shop window and big bids come in. 2astwood is famous outside essex for one goal, maybe moshni haLl could have done the same

Who knows? Beating manu happened, drawing against chelse* happemned

:party: maybe?!

Wouldnt go as far as biggest game of season, but I was thinking about this on the way to work.

Two cup games in 4 days, both of which against higher opposition so no shame in losing them, but even so losing two games in a row could knock us out of our stride.

Great chance to make money, but come just at the wrong time for us.

The flip side is if we did win either then it would give us a boost.

Back