• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Corr has a knee problem he picked up at the end of the last season, apparently its an unusual problem for footballers although he has had similar before in the other knee, if things respond then he will miss the start of the season an then be eased into games towards the end of August , if not then its an op

BS has an ankle injury (caused by a colision with Bil) he has had a couple of injections and they are hoping that will fix it.

I presume that Corr is the major blow mentioned :winking:

So... Big news...

Injured player who is widely known to be injured is injured? Wow, "British journalism Eddie, best in the world."

@CJPhillips1982

Barry Corr to miss the start of the season. Might not be fit until the end of August - see today's Echo for more

No surprise. Typical Echo!

Oh well it is a blow, but it just means we have to get on with signing RR and another Striker sharpish... :winking:

Last edited:
I hope B. Corr take it easy, after all, I alway have problem with my left knee playing football in the past, more rest & right treatment then he be fine before end of Augs.

What worries me is that Lawrence Bloom, widely acknowledged as the main reason Barry and Lee Barnard kept fit after injury-prone pasts, has now gone.....will that mean we see less of Barry this season??!!

I knew it was corr. He said as much before the start of the game in the car park.

Luckily we now have a bit more upfront and im sure that johnson can play a more forward role if need be.

After id complimented barry on last years tally my mate said he expected barry to score more to which barry just laughed and walked off.

I dont think barry will get as many games this year or score as many goals. We can afford to give him the rest he needs and rely on others to score goals.

Sign of a hopeful season when the prospect of last years top scorer being on the bench does not seem like a death sentence.

Sign of a hopeful season when the prospect of last years top scorer being on the bench does not seem like a death sentence.

Completely agree, being without Corr is still a big loss, but nowhere near as serious as it would have been last season.

Was gonna say this time last season but don't think he had arrived in Southend yet this time last year!

Back