• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry about that Mr Pitsea - to be honest I found my own post so long & dull I did'nt think anyone would get to the end to spot it.

Thanks MR BLOOD I have that one brewing for some time . (you asked for it: cue wind-breaking homour)

Gilbert has looked as good as any over the past few games.

How much has this to do with the fact we are playing 442 now and in theory he gets more cover, and an outlet when he has the ball so doesnt have to hoof it. Added to this we arent telling them to hoof it anyway by the look of it.

I say in theory as when Mohsni plays in front of him he has a habit of not actually staying there and just running all over the pitch, although Hall played on the left Saturday.

Gilbert has looked as good as any over the past few games.

How much has this to do with the fact we are playing 442 now and in theory he gets more cover, and an outlet when he has the ball so doesnt have to hoof it. Added to this we arent telling them to hoof it anyway by the look of it.

I say in theory as when Mohsni plays in front of him he has a habit of not actually staying there and just running all over the pitch, although Hall played on the left Saturday.

I think it's plainly obvious that Mohsni and Gilbert don't get on, and so it makes sense to put them on opposite sides of the pitch. Clohessy seems to get on with Mohsni ok and isn't afraid to tell Mohsni where to be. Timlin was constantly telling Mohsni to stay wide, the problem is that Mohsni is a threat when coming in from the wing and attacking balls at the far post. Mohsni needs to learn how to time these, whilst remaining an outlet on the right wing and providing cover and support for Clohessy. I thought Mohsni had a pretty poor game on Saturday, which stifled Clohessy a bit.

I think it's plainly obvious that Mohsni and Gilbert don't get on, and so it makes sense to put them on opposite sides of the pitch. Clohessy seems to get on with Mohsni ok and isn't afraid to tell Mohsni where to be. Timlin was constantly telling Mohsni to stay wide, the problem is that Mohsni is a threat when coming in from the wing and attacking balls at the far post. Mohsni needs to learn how to time these, whilst remaining an outlet on the right wing and providing cover and support for Clohessy. I thought Mohsni had a pretty poor game on Saturday, which stifled Clohessy a bit.
Last couple of games I've seen them having a right old disagreement on the pitch, Clohessy is normally very easy going but he's obviously not getting the support or interplay with Mohsni that he feels he should.

Indeed in particular when he came more into the centre, he was constantly getting in the way of Eastwood & Harris.

Re the song people were singing on Saturday and believe me i like a laugh and a good sing song, but i hate that song. If i was playing and people were singing that then i would be p**sed right off. I know from talking to Mildy that he and his family were quite upset when sung at him. I have never got on PG back i think he defends well, however, his distribution at times is poor, but when he has had people slagging him off all season it surely will affect him. Actually that song on saturday probably didnt actually help him at all.

Back