• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bill Frindall has died

Boreham Shrimper

President
Test Match Special statistician and scorer Bill Frindall has died at the age of 69 after suffering from Legionnaire's disease.

This is very sad news and I'll miss hearing him giving out some of the most bizarre statistics and facts about the game.

R.I.P.

. . . . . W

Nicely done.

rip.gif

Very sad to have heard this news yesterday. The Bearded Wonder was a legend and really the last link to the great days of Test Match Special with John Arlott, Johnners, Fred Trueman, Don Mosey etc. sadly all now gone as well.

He will be very much missed and may he rest in peace always.

Yep, gutted to find out about this yesterday, and can't believe there wasn't a mention of him on the 10 o'clock news, nor an obit in my paper today.

Very sad to say cheerio to the bearded wonder.

:(

Very sad to have heard this news yesterday. The Bearded Wonder was a legend and really the last link to the great days of Test Match Special with John Arlott, Johnners, Fred Trueman, Don Mosey etc. sadly all now gone as well.

He will be very much missed and may he rest in peace always.

But with the exception of Johnners all miserable bleeders.

But with the exception of Johnners all miserable bleeders.

Johnners was undoubtedly my favourite of all of them. I do know what you mean but that for me was the golden age of Test Match Special broadcasting and it holds fond memories for me.

I hear Trevor Bailey is quite ill now and living in a nursing home. Sad news also.

Back