• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My first thoughts were "really" and "surprising". From what I've seen he plays like a 19 year old - good at times, fearless even and then a few minutes later out of position or just not with it. He needs to build consistency over the full 90 minutes and that comes with experience I suspect.

Once again Southend will be training up a player that quite possibly another club will get the benefit from as his career progresses.

I could be jumping the gun but I do hope this doesn't indicate Coker will be leaving. Last 2 games JBW has looked much more comfortable at CB than he ever has at LB.

I could be jumping the gun but I do hope this doesn't indicate Coker will be leaving. Last 2 games JBW has looked much more comfortable at CB than he ever has at LB.

That thought had never occurred to me. I reckon Coker can play at a higher level but I was thinking (hoping?) that is was with us ..........:stunned:

Woah, slow down chaps, you know what they say about self-fulfilling prophecies. The fact that the Binnom-Williams loan has been extended until the end of the season just means that we have cover at CB and LB. There is nothing to suggest that Coker is off.

Good news, bit of luck we might get him on a full time contract at end of season:smile:

I must be watching a different game here. I'd have thought that if we're trying to thin the squad a bit, he'd have been one of the first ones out. If I were picking the team for next Sat, the first change I'd make would be to drop him and bring back Prosser - JBW was all over the place yesterday and we only got away with it because Thompson manned up, and Oxford were dire. We still managed to concede from their only 2 first half attacks. Most interestingly, he didn't want the ball - everytime it came his way he offloaded it to Coker or Thompson as quick as he could - and going forwards he's not usually that bad, which is what surprised me.

I must be watching a different game here. I'd have thought that if we're trying to thin the squad a bit, he'd have been one of the first ones out.

I'm with him/her above. Someone will probably point out that the lad is cheap and therefore fits our needs ....:tease:

Can't say I'm jumping with joy, yes he is young, but has done little to impress. Agree he looks slightly better at CB than at LB, which is slightly worrying when he is in fact a LB. Would hope if fit AB will start at Pompey or Prosser back in. Going to be tough down there so we need experience in the side.

I must be watching a different game here. I'd have thought that if we're trying to thin the squad a bit, he'd have been one of the first ones out. If I were picking the team for next Sat, the first change I'd make would be to drop him and bring back Prosser - JBW was all over the place yesterday and we only got away with it because Thompson manned up, and Oxford were dire. We still managed to concede from their only 2 first half attacks. Most interestingly, he didn't want the ball - everytime it came his way he offloaded it to Coker or Thompson as quick as he could - and going forwards he's not usually that bad, which is what surprised me.

From the highlights he looked at fault fortheir 1[SUP]st[/SUP] and it doesn’t sound like he had a good game. He impressedme last week and I’m holding back on making a judgment. Did I see somewherethat Phil thought we had a good chance of getting him permanently or did Iimagine that?

From the highlights he looked at fault fortheir 1[SUP]st[/SUP] and it doesn’t sound like he had a good game. He impressedme last week and I’m holding back on making a judgment. Did I see somewherethat Phil thought we had a good chance of getting him permanently or did Iimagine that?

No you didn't. At the moment, I think League 2 is his level and don't see a problem with keeping him here on loan as he is a very good backup to have at CB and LB as well as possibly in a more advanced position. If we do sign him on a permanent deal then I'd be very happy as once the rough edges have smoothed out and he gains experience, I believe he can play at a higher level.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/bl...urce=rss&utm_medium=Sendible&utm_campaign=RSS

He impressed in a more central defensive position against Plymouth at the weekend.

And Blues boss Brown will now be holding talks with new Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew about the 19 year old’s future.

“I’ve left it a little while to contact Alan because he will have been getting his feet under the table,” said Brown.

“He will be getting to know the players he has at the club, let alone those who are out on loan.

“But I will hopefully speak to Alan soon.

“I'll put a call in to him because I would love to keep Jerome here until the end of the season or even on a permanent basis.

“I'll be having words with Alan along those lines too.”

If there is a chance of keeping him on a permanent basis it makes sense to retain him now.

Ive always thought Coker was the better left back, but BW is a young player with lots of promise so worth keeping on and developing Im sure.

Its a funny old game. In the car home from Oxford we all agreed Binnon Williams was our man of the match!!! He looked strong, composed , made some excellent well timed tackles + didnt give the ball away. He did the simple things well and read the game fantastically - a few times when Coker was caught bombing forward he came across and made important tackles. I was surprised he played ahead of Prosser ( + Barrett) but i did raise the question of why change a defence just after a clean sheet so he deserves to stay in the team.

Back