• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
From a source within the club, although not directly to me but a mate I trust.

The Bolton consortium want Brown and we have Chris Powell lined up as a replacement. Apparently a done deal.

Personally I can't see it; Bolton already have a decent manager in Lennon and Ron would normally go for someone who was a bit of a name. Plus I'm not sure Chris would want to come back here and have his memory destroyed by his inevitable eventual failure (which would happen at some point - it always does).

Still, as I say, the source is inside info.

Anyway, you heard it here first.

Whilst I can't comment on the validity of your source, I do think Bolton would be a bad move for PB at the moment.

There's no doubting that they're a much bigger club with potential to get back in the Premiership one day. But in the short term The Trotters are somewhat of a poisoned chalice, stricken with financial woes and pretty much already relegated.

There's no guarantee that they'll bounce back next season either. Many big clubs have fallen into League One and taken a few seasons to sort themselves out and mount a promotion challenge. Sheffield United, Coventry, Preston etc to name a few recent examples.

I also feel like Brown is building something here. Monday was a bad day at the office and one of the worst home performances I've seen in quite some time. But I'll only start getting concerned if that level of performance becomes more frequent. Overall we've over-performed so far this season and I still think we're only 2 or 3 players short of booking a playoff spot. Like with Daniel Bentley, I wonder whether he'd wanna see what happens this season first and then walk away in the summer if offers come in then?

Wouldn't be that bad a move. Sure, they're going to get relegated and are £160,000,000-odd in debt, but they'll no doubt go into administration as soon as their relegation battle looks lost, cheat the system and the taxpayers (not like he'll be a stranger to that one) and they'll be on their merry way again like Leeds and 'fairytale' Bournmouth.

I absolutely hate gossip threads of this nature because by the time they reach page 3 or 4 they have become 'real' and are definitely going to happen. Whatever else is added to this thread please, please, please treat it as a second hand rumour, unless or until it becomes reality.

It'd certainly make sense. The consortium's headed by Dean Holdsworth who would've played under the Brown/Allardyce team when he was at the club.

Powell's had an interesting time of it in management but he's certainly revered as a great coach. If Brown's off, there won't be many - if any - better appointments available.

Phil might simply want to go back up North, Southend are the only Southern team he has ever played for or managed. His most sucesfull time as a player was with Bolton but who knows.

From a source within the club, although not directly to me but a mate I trust.

The Bolton consortium want Brown and we have Chris Powell lined up as a replacement. Apparently a done deal.

Personally I can't see it; Bolton already have a decent manager in Lennon and Ron would normally go for someone who was a bit of a name. Plus I'm not sure Chris would want to come back here and have his memory destroyed by his inevitable eventual failure (which would happen at some point - it always does).

Still, as I say, the source is inside info.

Anyway, you heard it here first.

My inside source just said this is absolute rubbish. He's never been wrong on anything so far.

Which source is more reliable? There's only one way to find out..............

Wouldn't be that bad a move. Sure, they're going to get relegated and are £160,000,000-odd in debt, but they'll no doubt go into administration as soon as their relegation battle looks lost, cheat the system and the taxpayers (not like he'll be a stranger to that one) and they'll be on their merry way again like Leeds and 'fairytale' Bournmouth.
What about Portsmouth? They could go that way.

I just think it would be a risk from Brown. Can't see this happening.

Been told,

Phil yearns to own and run a back street kebab shop in Bolton.

Wonder if Lennon will give Brown some phone numbers for local mistresses?

It'd certainly make sense. The consortium's headed by Dean Holdsworth who would've played under the Brown/Allardyce team when he was at the club.

Powell's had an interesting time of it in management but he's certainly revered as a great coach. If Brown's off, there won't be many - if any - better appointments available.

It is only a rumour, but I personally would want a hungary Justin Edinburgh type manager - who knows how to manage on a limited budget - to replace Phil Brown rather than a highly regarded coach whose management record is a bit patchy at clubs with large amounts of money at their disposal. Hopefully, Phil Brown will stay at Roots Hall until he has taken us into the Championship and beyond.

It is only a rumour, but I personally would want a hungary Justin Edinburgh type manager - who knows how to manage on a limited budget - to replace Phil Brown rather than a highly regarded coach whose management record is a bit patchy at clubs with large amounts of money at their disposal. Hopefully, Phil Brown will stay at Roots Hall until he has taken us into the Championship and beyond.

Never knew Justin was Hungarian.

Plus I'm not sure Chris would want to come back here and have his memory destroyed by his inevitable eventual failure (which would happen at some point - it always does).

Chrissie is a far bigger legend at Charlton than he even is here and he took that job. Also, for all of the criticisms we can fire off at Ron Martin, he's very loyal to his managers. For as long as players are getting paid the Southend job would probably be seen as being a pretty decent one for any manager looking to build something.

Back