• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Black mail

Thank god that's all it is. For a moment I thought this fella was going to have something to do with SUFC:

scary-lenny.jpg

Is it? When did they say that in public then?
I am just saying maybe RM (if that quote genuinely came from him) might be happy the media are so far behind what is genuinely happening?

Rich. with the best will in the world, why on Earth would Ron want National Newspapers "playing up" the financial pressure he is under and not mentioning what Brunning said in Court about Sainsbury's financial backing? The only people that I can think of who would benefit from that are the ones currently trying to put pressure on Sainsbury's (not least by encouraging a letter-writing campaign from the fans) to foreclose on Ron and start negotiations with them.

And the question then is: If what was said in court by Brunning is correct, and Sainsbury's have made such an agreement, then a switch to the consortium would invevitably mean a huge delay in the whole project, and how would that benefit the fans? Surely the best outcome now would be to get the stadium built and handed over, and then think about Ron's exit strategy.

EDIT: I see from the latest Shrimper's Trust letter that Paul FitzGerald sees Ron, at the moment, as

"...still the only horse to back."

And no-one can accuse Paul of being a fan of Ron!!!

Last edited:
Is it? When did they say that in public then?
I am just saying maybe RM (if that quote genuinely came from him) might be happy the media are so far behind what is genuinely happening?

It's not attributed, but it is blatantly from them.

What a dreadful piece of journalism .. ok its probably true, but the guy has done absolutely no work whatsoever in cobbling that together

So just out of interest, as you have read the newsletter, what options are you voting for??

It is really tempting to go for the "Punish Ron" options, but while satisfying it only provides short-term gratification. I voted for:

Roll the loan over with conditions.

Personal Bentley to the matches, picking up in Inverness

Shrimper's Trust bar in the new stadium for the sole benefit of the trust - which would surely generate far more revenue in the long run than any punitive interest charges now.

I also urged them to ensure Trust representation on the Board, sooner rather than later.

It is really tempting to go for the "Punish Ron" options, but while satisfying it only provides short-term gratification. I voted for:

Roll the loan over with conditions.

Personal Bentley to the matches, picking up in Inverness

Shrimper's Trust bar in the new stadium for the sole benefit of the trust - which would surely generate far more revenue in the long run than any punitive interest charges now.

I also urged them to ensure Trust representation on the Board, sooner rather than later.

As long as you pick me up in the Bentley on your way down!

What I'm struggling with is how being on the board is going to benefit the trust or its membership - surely anything that is said in the boardroom is confidential and as such can't/won't be relayed back to the membership?

As long as you pick me up in the Bentley on your way down!

What I'm struggling with is how being on the board is going to benefit the trust or its membership - surely anything that is said in the boardroom is confidential and as such can't/won't be relayed back to the membership?

Not everything is confidential, and as a "representative" the Trust member would surely have the right to report back and discuss with at least the Trust board. Plus it opens a more direct channel of communication. I'm sure others can give a more coherent summary than I can!

It's not attributed, but it is blatantly from them.

What the Ministry of disinformation bit? Or all of it?
I can't help it that my PERSONAL point of view about where Ronald is steering The Good Ship Southend United may, or may not, in places draw comparisons to the much mentioned consortium!

I am about as far as you possibly could be from the "Ron is still the only horse to back" comment!

Martin & his cronies OUT!!!

I can't help it that my PERSONAL point of view about where Ronald is steering The Good Ship Southend United may, or may not, in places draw comparisons to the much mentioned consortium!

I am about as far as you possibly could be from the "Ron is still the only horse to back" comment!

You and me both, mate! Ron Martin is the last horse I'll be backing.

You and me both, mate! Ron Martin is the last horse I'll be backing.

As I have said before, I support Southend United, not any individual or individuals, and my opinion of RM isn't radically different to many on here. Are you seriously telling me that if it transpires that the best interests of our football club are served by letting Martin finish what he has started, you would continue to actively oppose him regardless of the damage that might do to SUFC?

As I have said before, I support Southend United, not any individual or individuals, and my opinion of RM isn't radically different to many on here. Are you seriously telling me that if it transpires that the best interests of our football club are served by letting Martin finish what he has started, you would continue to actively oppose him regardless of the damage that might do to SUFC?

At the end of the day, Tom, he's a *****. In my opinion, this thing won't get finished and under Ron martin, things won't get any better. And they won't get any worse under anyone else, either. Ron Martin staying in control, at this moment in time, is absolutely NOT in the best interests of this football club. Obviously, if it did transpire that he WAS the best chance, and there was hardcore evidence to back that up without the lies, spin and BS, then it might be different. He would have my heartfelt apologies if it comes off and he gets this club on a decent financial footing. But it's not going to happen, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back