• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Personally:

Smith
White Innis Barrett Coker
Demetriou Atkinson Leonard Wordsworth
Ranger Cox

......and adopt a positive rather than clean sheet mentality until the final whistle.

Yep, that's the team for me, but possibly Oxley instead of Smith.

.............................Oxley....................
...............Inniss Ferdinand Barrat........
Demetriou..................................Coker
.....................Leonard Atkinson............
.......................Wordsworth.................
........................Ranger Cox.................

This can and should be a very attacking formation

Last edited:
.............................Oxley....................
...............Inniss Ferdinand Barrat........
Demetriou..................................Coker
.....................Leonard Atkinson............
.......................Wordsworth.................
........................Ranger Cox.................

This can and should be a very attacking formation

That's very good but I can't see how McGlashan can be left out. He's one of the best performers at home now. He also busts a gut to get back and help out at crucial times.

The whole problem, as someone else said on another thread, was that he was trying to shoe-horn Barrett, Ferdinand and Inniss into the same team. Barrett for experience and he is our best centre-half. Ferdinand, as he has done well and was a big signing and Inniss, because he needed the height at the back, as Calvin Andrew is a man mountain.

As soon as he had to play three centre-halves, the rest of the system was f*****! Leaving him having to play one up and he went for Mooney as he had done OK.

Sometimes getting spanked badly is a good thing. He can now confidently change the system and everyone would agree it is the right thing to do.

I just hope he plays Cox and Ranger as out and out strikers. Anything less is over-tinkering AGAIN!

i agree that sometimes bring spanned badly can be a good thing in the long run, but it's pushing it to think that being spanked badly in a regular basis away is a good thing

That's very good but I can't see how McGlashan can be left out. He's one of the best performers at home now. He also busts a gut to get back and help out at crucial times.
Yes I was disappointed to leave McGlashan out but I don't see where he fits in this formation:sad:

If you play two up front,which I think we should, then you still need 3 in the middle to stop being overrun...which happens to us alot

I like McG, but for the moment, he's a bit of a luxury player who would be better off as an impact sub.

If he has recognised that it is his tactics and formations that have been the problem and that in future he will play attractive attacking football then he should be congratulated.

Credit where it's due.

Phil was as good as his word both home and away and deserves congratulations.

Now keep this formation and attacking intent (we were actually attacking at the end last night, which led to Ranger's missed header) even if we are spanked in a couple of games.

Well done Phil and let's stay playing positive football and see where it gets us.

Back