• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blair St

alginon1

First XI
Got talking to him at David Lloyd; what a top bloke. Still believe he can do a job for us.
Some interesting stats about him; when he played alongside Barry C, BC scored over 20 goals.
When he played alongside Mohsni, Bil was sent off four times and had to play up front on his own.
Personally, I would like to see him back at RH.:smile::smile:

Got talking to him at David Lloyd; what a top bloke. Still believe he can do a job for us.
Some interesting stats about him; when he played alongside Barry C, BC scored over 20 goals.
When he played alongside Mohsni, Bil was sent off four times and had to play up front on his own.

I don't think he's a bad player and have no axe to grind with him at all, but I can't see how he could do a job for us now. He wouldn't get anywhere near the first team unless we had a horrific injury crisis

I think this is where the confusion is, he says he was played out of position and should play behind the front two, where he can hold up play. the manager played him everywhere apart from that position.

That's always the problem when you play with a manager who doesn't know you very well

:blush:

Nothing against Blair, as he always gave everything for us, but if your Dad won't give you a new contract you are in trouble.

Im not sure what job he would do with Assombalonga and Tomlin in the team and Corr and Eastwood out of it.

Underrated with what he brought to the team at times, but he would be surplus to requirements by a mile now.

Blair is the ideal thinking player to put on when you are 2 up with ten minutes to go and want to protect your lead, as against Brentford, he holds the ball & play up, tracks back and concentrates on what needs to be done. Not pretty but with the larger bench of subs always useful to have as an option. Having written all that it is hard to see him making the league games bench at the present time.

Sunny Day
Kickin' the balls away
On my way to where the Jedi plays,
Can you tell me how to get,
How to get to Blair Sturrock Street

I don't get why people are still getting sentimental over Blair and I can't believe some people still want him back. We have probably the best strikeforce in the league - how many other teams in the division would have Barry Corr and Freddy Eastwood on the bench? Are you seriously suggesting that Blair would get ahead of those two, not to mention Tomlin and Britt who are scoring for fun? Yes he had some attributes but his record speaks for itself.

I thought it was a shame when he went, he was far from the worst player to be released. Always thought he should be played as an attacking midfielder behind the front 2 - he obviously wasn't prolific with goals, but to be honest I think that being the managers son isn't the blessing it may seem to be at first sight. Weight of expectation and scrutiny will potentially be far higher than for other players in the squad, and the fans have an extra big stick to beat him with if he has a poor game (he's only in the side because of who he is etc etc). I always thought that Blair would have to work harder than other players in training just to get the same credit.

I don't know whether he'd get back in the side now (probably not with Laird on board) or whether he'd even want to come back - I suspect not.

Mohsni was only sent off three times, I believe. One of them Corr was playing up front with Sturrock and another Neil Harris. Still don't let the facts get in the way of a chance to slag off Mohsni. Happy Christmas.

Back