• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
3 defeats on the bounce. A few weeks back that seemed as unlikely as our 8 successive wins.

But is it is bad as we all think?

Taking cup games out of the equation, our last 6 league games have produced just 1 victory, 1 draw and 4 defeats.

That can be argued as being more of a trend and is definitely relegation form.

But there is something that I haven't seen posted much on here concerning the reasons for the drop off. Of those 6 games, four have been away from home, and one of the 2 home games was Swansea, the table toppers. Even the 2 cup matches were away (Rushden and Barnet) so that means that the Blues have only graced the Roots Hall turf twice in any competition since 9/10.

We now have a spell coming up that reverses that pattern. Again, cup matches aside, we have 4 home matches and 2 away up to the end of the year.

If we have any play off/promotion aspirations at all, then Chesterfield and Bradford at home should both produce victories. Huddersfield away will be very tough and I can't see us getting anything there, but MK Dons at home again on Boxing Day is a game we should win. Hartlepool is a long haul midweek but we should be able to get a point. We finish the year with a New Years eve game at home to Bournemouth - again, very winnable.

So, that will reverse the form of the last few weeks and if we can achieve that then we have 4 wins, 1 draw and one defeat to add to the trend and over the 12 games we will have won 5, drawn 2 and lost 5. Our points total would be 46 from 25 games and we should be well cemented in the top 5, possibly even top 3 with that total. Incidentally, at the same stage last season we had 41 from 25 and sat 4th in league two.

So let's not judge our trend just yet. A few matches at the Hall with the fans getting behind the team should see them back to winning ways soon enough.

Phew, I'm glad you worked all that out - I feel much better now
smile.gif

Good points and well made. It has been such a long while that i am beginning to forget what Roots Hall looks like.

If we reach the turn of the year with 46 points in the bag from 25 games, i am sure that would exceed most peoples expectations when we started out in August.

Looking beyond that i think 75 points would secure a play off position, therefore 29 points from 21 games is and stating the bleeding obvious just over a point a game.

At this stage having lost 6 games to get us into an automatic spot then we can probably only afford to lose another 3 or 4 games.

E = MC2 x Tilson x Brush = a

a + roots hall pies x guttridge = h

a x h to the power of 6 = 7889a

7889a - 6.33 = 5th place

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 29 2005,13:49)]we need a new keeper, a new left back and a striker who can score!
We have 3 strikers who can score.

I agree re left back.

Either keeper is fine at this level.

We need a tall, fast and young centre half. Spinner and Eagle are experienced but Barrett is struggling.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Nov. 29 2005,14:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 29 2005,13:49)]we need a new keeper, a new left back and a striker who can score!

I agree re left back.

We need a tall, fast and young centre half.  Spinner and Eagle are experienced but Barrett is struggling.
I didn't have to wait too long for someone to bite, did I?

Blimey. Standards are dropping!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 29 2005,14:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Nov. 29 2005,14:04)]
[b said:

I agree re left back.

We need a tall, fast and young centre half.  Spinner and Eagle are experienced but Barrett is struggling.
I didn't have to wait too long for someone to bite, did I?

Blimey. Standards are dropping!

tounge.gif
upside.gif

I've been out of the loop too long...

Bloody fisherman!

laugh.gif

Back