• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

superblue24

Director
Does anyone know why she changed the lyrics to our song?....My missus reckons it was used as some random "peak practice" type country drama somewhere.

This is the only version I can find on iTunes.....But I know there is another version knocking about out there with more affiliation to SUFC.....

Any clues?

Thanks

The TV series was 'playing the field', a show about womens football.

Hi superblue.
If you go to the thread called 'Good Times', that is currently on page 2. and then go to #17 by me, you can watch a great S.U.F.C video, (Happy Days), and listen to that song by A.M. I wonder if that is the version that you mean?

This one TSNB.

[video=youtube;qJhorsv4WDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJhorsv4WDY&feature=related[/video]

a) Thats the version I'm after......Shame iTunes have the wrong version

b) totally AWESOME video, although makes me a bit sad wondering when we might see the likes of those days again

Its really hard to support the blues at the moment but i hope we may have some more of those clips to add sooner rather than later.

My morale for supporting the team is as low as it has been in some time.

Its really hard to support the blues at the moment but i hope we may have some more of those clips to add sooner rather than later.

My morale for supporting the team is as low as it has been in some time.

Chin up, Tommy - cracking away trip at Hereford next week to loook forward to! :clap:

Chin up, Tommy - cracking away trip at Hereford next week to loook forward to! :clap:

I have been to 3 aways this seasons and have yet to see a win. A defeat against the bottom team saturday would depress me greatly.

Watching that video actually brought tears to my eyes. 25 years I have been supporting this club and never in that time have i felt so disassociated and unconnected to the club as i do now. I want MY club back. I don't blame Sturrock or the players its just the situation they find themselves in. been a seaso for longer than I care to remember. Still am but have only been once this season. The Torquay game. Barring Antony Grant its just a bunch of strangers. I didnt see any real passion and why should I.
No matter how much I try i just cant get enthused about the club under this regime that has sailed us so close to the wind on many occasions now.
This has nothing to do with the glory years either. Even under Dick Bate, Alvin martin, Steve Wignall it was still OUR club. It still meant something. personally for me thats gone. I just hope and pray it hasnt gone for ever.

Watching that video actually brought tears to my eyes. 25 years I have been supporting this club and never in that time have i felt so disassociated and unconnected to the club as i do now. I want MY club back. I don't blame Sturrock or the players its just the situation they find themselves in. been a seaso for longer than I care to remember. Still am but have only been once this season. The Torquay game. Barring Antony Grant its just a bunch of strangers. I didnt see any real passion and why should I.
No matter how much I try i just cant get enthused about the club under this regime that has sailed us so close to the wind on many occasions now.
This has nothing to do with the glory years either. Even under Dick Bate, Alvin martin, Steve Wignall it was still OUR club. It still meant something. personally for me thats gone. I just hope and pray it hasnt gone for ever.

I tend to agree with you Ted..I feel no bond towards the club any more...I am just hoping it grows back.

I tend to agree with you Ted..I feel no bond towards the club any more...I am just hoping it grows back.

Oh dear.

Maybe if I stopped to think about it I'd agree with you both. And during all of the crap in the Summer I did stop and think and I shared your sentiments. And I still loathe Ron Martin for what he did, but not now in a way that spoils my day.

I work amongst pension actuaries. They predict death, get it wrong, pontificate about death, disagree with each other and get it wrong again. By the end of the day if you did not try and rise above it you'd either jump, phone the samaritans, or become one of them. THe only way is to rise above it and look forward.

Ditto re supporting SUFC. By all means air your views, say it's wrong, disagree with what is happened or has, but don't let it eat you up. Look forward. Just think - in just under four months time we could be in Round 3 of the FA Cup and celebrating a 9-0 win at Portman Road v Ipshite Town. I can have a smile thinking about that, and if I warp my mind a bit more I can start to plan for it! If it doesn't happen we'll do something else to lift the spirits to remind us why we all support this Club.

Try it................................ Not working? Ok, take one of my happy pills then!:)

Back