• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Blues waiting to hear from Defender

Just spoke to a Brentford fan on another board about Alan Bennett and why he hasn't signed for them yet and was told this:

"He's signing, definitely. He only hasn't officially signed yet because he can get 1 month severance pay from the PFA, and that would be more money for that month that the contract he'd be on at us, so he's waiting to get that."

So scrub him off the list.

Just spoke to a Brentford fan on another board about Alan Bennett and why he hasn't signed for them yet and was told this:

"He's signing, definitely. He only hasn't officially signed yet because he can get 1 month severance pay from the PFA, and that would be more money for that month that the contract he'd be on at us, so he's waiting to get that."

So scrub him off the list.
I wouldn't want a benefits thief here anyway..

Apparently the Ooze have received a bid of £750,000 for Mkandawire :O .. decent enough centre-half but not worth that much surely

That has to be ********. Only Huddersfield would pay that i feel. Worth around £200,000 if you ask me.

That has to be ********. Only Huddersfield would pay that i feel. Worth around £200,000 if you ask me.

That was my first thought, but the guy who told me is a Southend fan who does some coaching at their CoE .. I see no reason why he'd spin me a yarn as he really isn't like that

Apparently the Ooze have received a bid of £750,000 for Mkandawire :O .. decent enough centre-half but not worth that much surely

It's not ********. He's being chased by a number of Championship clubs - and rightly so, as he's a two-footed, goalscoring centre half who's lightening quick and good in the air. Zakuani went for over a million a couple of years ago, and he's at least as good. There isn't a better centre back in the league (thank ****, considering the dross he's had to put up with alongside him).

Still, I'd be gutted if we lost him, as a Tam/Chorley centre half pairing would be a well-balanced and effective one.

On another note, I've put my ear to the ground re: Saah and may get some news soon.

It's not ********. He's being chased by a number of Championship clubs - and rightly so, as he's a two-footed, goalscoring centre half who's lightening quick and good in the air. Zakuani went for over a million a couple of years ago, and he's at least as good. There isn't a better centre back in the league (thank ****, considering the dross he's had to put up with alongside him).

Still, I'd be gutted if we lost him, as a Tam/Chorley centre half pairing would be a well-balanced and effective one.

On another note, I've put my ear to the ground re: Saah and may get some news soon.

Keep your wig on Jonny son. If you're right about the player (there has to be a first time for everything), then he certainly doesn't belong where he is, does he?

I'm going to guess that this defender is elusive to find given that we still haven't heard from him.

Take your pick people:

Godwin Antwi - quote from wikipedia "Antwi was released by Liverpool FC on 16th June 2009. It is thought he is being tracked by Steve Tilson, of Southend United in League 1."

Strange that Wikipedia have got this statement against him....:stunned:

Take your pick people:

Godwin Antwi - quote from wikipedia "Antwi was released by Liverpool FC on 16th June 2009. It is thought he is being tracked by Steve Tilson, of Southend United in League 1."

Strange that Wikipedia have got this statement against him....:stunned:

Somebody on here probably did it.

Keep your wig on Jonny son. If you're right about the player (there has to be a first time for everything), then he certainly doesn't belong where he is, does he?

Hey, I was right about James Walker... And no, he doesn't. Much too good for us, as is Demetriou. Still, if those two stay, we'll finish above you. Which'll make a nice change. :)

Antwi was released by Liverpool FC on 16th June 2009. It is thought he is being tracked by Steve Tilson, of League 1 Southend United, with Tilson quoted as saying "He's better than Sankofa, mind you so is my nan."

He also is a keen fan of the writings of graysblue jnr and Ldnfatso, and has an impressive collection of French earthenware. Nicknamed "Fuzzy Delicious" by his friends and relatives, it is currently unclear as to whether he will be present at DaveTheShrimper's upcoming wedding and, if he is, whether he will be wearing full african tribal dress.

LMFAO!

I think we need to get this fella involved...

dog-the-bounty-hunter.jpg

Back