• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Time to give Saturday's game it's own thread I think. Last night's result will possibly mean that there are changes made to the starting eleven, or not, knowing PB.

So I'm going for this:

Smith
White
Sokolik
Ferdinand
Thompson
Coker
Lenny
Atkinson
Mooney
Cox
McLaughlin

No particular formation as I didn't really understand the one we played last night. There is an irony that it's Bolton at this point in our 'team gelling' but at least we go into the game following a home win.

COYB.

Not far off 'RHB'.

Think he will revert to Coker for these next two games, but for the EFL Trophy, Kyprianou is a must and once our back three is fit and settled, I would put him in for a couple of home league games, personally.

AB will come back for Sokolik, but otherwise I think he'll start with your side, playing 3-5-2 and relying on McL to push forward.

Lenny and Will to sit deeper for the next two games, especially to protect Ted.

Not including any new players that might come in I can see PB only making two changes for this weekend with White coming in at right back and Atkinson in for King.

Not far off 'RHB'.

Think he will revert to Coker for these next two games, but for the EFL Trophy, Kyprianou is a must and once our back three is fit and settled, I would put him in for a couple of home league games, personally.

AB will come back for Sokolik, but otherwise I think he'll start with your side, playing 3-5-2 and relying on McL to push forward.

Lenny and Will to sit deeper for the next two games, especially to protect Ted.

I hope that doesn't happen .Jakob has got some mixed reviews from last night but I thought he got better as the night went on and benefited from playing with Thompson and Ferdinand. We know from his first visit with us that he has talent, well now is the time for him to grow. He also has an abundance of pace that Barrett doesn't.

I hope that doesn't happen .Jakob has got some mixed reviews from last night but I thought he got better as the night went on and benefited from playing with Thompson and Ferdinand. We know from his first visit with us that he has talent, well now is the time for him to grow. He also has an abundance of pace that Barrett doesn't.

I absolutely with you, Rootshallbloke. Sokolik could be a very important player for us, but PB must start demonstrating he has some faith in him.

Time to give Saturday's game it's own thread I think. Last night's result will possibly mean that there are changes made to the starting eleven, or not, knowing PB.

So I'm going for this:

Smith
White
Sokolik
Ferdinand
Thompson
Coker
Lenny
Atkinson
Mooney
Cox
McLaughlin

No particular formation as I didn't really understand the one we played last night. There is an irony that it's Bolton at this point in our 'team gelling' but at least we go into the game following a home win.

COYB.

I think it was 5-3-2

Smith
White Sokolik Ferdinand Thompson Kyprianou
King Atkinson Leonard
Mooney Cox

I do agree with you though re the line-up for Saturday, but would put Barrett in place of Sokolik

Ferdinand clearly isn't fit yet, he could deal with Brighton's kids but against Bolton I can see him struggling, would bring AB in for him. The back 5 worked well though and gives Thompson a chance to surge forward to cause problems so would like to see the same formation, Sokolik made a few errors but he's a good player so hopefully that was down to him being unfamiliar with the formation. Not convinced Kyprianou is ready defensively but with 3 to cover him at the back I'd actually keep him ahead of Coker, his corners are miles better than Coker's and I think a set piece is probably the only way we'll score against Bolton. Only other change I'd make is Bridge for King.

Smith
White Sokolik Barrett Thompson Kyprianou
Atkinson Bridge Leonard
Mooney Cox

Yep, it's a tough call between AB, Sokolik and Anton to take two of those three places.

AB and Anton give you the experience, but Sokolik is slightly more mobile than those two.

Could play any combination and it might work, OK.

Kyprianou v Coker is a real conundrum, though.

Coker probably just shading it, as defensively he might be stronger.

If we are to retain a back three then I would start with the same 3 and then sub on AB when Anton is tiring.

AndyT said:
Yep, it's a tough call between AB, Sokolik and Anton to take two of those three places.

AB and Anton give you the experience, but Sokolik is slightly more mobile than those two.

Could play any combination and it might work, OK.

Kyprianou v Coker is a real conundrum, though.

Coker probably just shading it, as defensively he might be stronger.
Pretty much my thoughts, 2 from 3 to partner Thommo, AB the most likely being left footed.
White / O'Neill as RWB - Probably White as he's better defensively
Coker / Kyp as LWB - Coker, bit of a no -brainer really as well as Kyp did last night.
MF - Leonard and Atko + 1 from King / Macca - I'd take Macca as it would give a better balance to the side.

This could be an interesting game. We've signed 4 decent players today, the pick of them is James Henry from Wolves & Sammy Ameobi from Newcastle, we've also signed a young striker from Palace called Keshi Anderson, who's supposed to be a good one. I think Parkinson might well freshen things up for Saturday.

What sort of system are you guys playing this season, Gaz?
Parkinson prefers a 4-4-2 formation, but so far this season, in some games we have played just a lone striker because of injuries. We've been struggling for width too, but I think with the additions of Henry & Ameobi, Parkinson will definitely be playing 2 up top on Saturday, so I'd expect Madine & Proctor, who are both big lads to lead the line.

I think he'll play an attacking 4-4-2 formation on Saturday.

Well RHB, feel a bit silly now putting your team prediction out there before all our new signings today eh?! :winking:

Inniss to be involved surely!

Well there will be a few players after tonight's window very happy to see they still have a good chance of making Brown's team selection. Just for the fact he only got a single defender in, a few will be happy about that. So they go away to Bolton and try their hardest. There, that's me being optimistic. Now then Brown.... its time for you to earn your money and turn these non performers of late into little stars. Has he got it in him ? He better have or no doubt he'll be out on his arse sooner than later. A draw at Bolton and a win at home keeps his job i reckon. Trouble is, my opinion in him hasnt changed from the other day and i dont think he can make them shine that much. It'll be interesting to see. A strong defender is exactly what we needed and a ball playing one next to him will make the others feed off that. That is our, and his, best hope.
I'm so intrigued i might cut short my holiday and travel up there to see this. I hope for my club's sake, Brown starts performing miracles.

Well RHB, feel a bit silly now putting your team prediction out there before all our new signings today eh?! :winking:

Inniss to be involved surely!

Why on earth would I feel a bit silly for suggesting a starting line-up? Like I said, I left the bench open for new arrivals. Talking of which, you mentioned new signings, I know about Inniss, who else was there?

Back