• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well RHB, feel a bit silly now putting your team prediction out there before all our new signings today eh?! :winking:

Inniss to be involved surely!
Is he fit, been injured since march i here, if true, he cant be up to speed.

Parkinson prefers a 4-4-2 formation, but so far this season, in some games we have played just a lone striker because of injuries. We've been struggling for width too, but I think with the additions of Henry & Ameobi, Parkinson will definitely be playing 2 up top on Saturday, so I'd expect Madine & Proctor, who are both big lads to lead the line.

I think he'll play an attacking 4-4-2 formation on Saturday.

MO, Gaz.

Be interesting to see how the two sides set up.

4-4-2 might give us more problems defensively, but if we play 3-5-2, which my gut feeling is we will, then that could give us some width going forward, as you mentioned you are struggling for width.

It's a shame Demetriou is with the Cyprus national team, as wing-back would suit him perfectly.

The middle of the park could be crucial, but I think we will shore up, with two defensive minded midfield players on the day.

Why on earth would I feel a bit silly for suggesting a starting line-up? Like I said, I left the bench open for new arrivals. Talking of which, you mentioned new signings, I know about Inniss, who else was there?

Exactly! My sarcasm may have got a little lost. It turned out a very solid suggestion for the starting line-up after the lack of signings yesterday.

There is every chance we will get absolutely humped at Bolton....they were miles better than us before signing 4 players.

There is always hope, but can anyone seriously see it not being a walkover?

Everyone said that last season when we went to Coventry after not winning a single game and we more than matched them and had a 2-1 lead for a time.

Football is unpredictable.

When you least expect it to be, that's when something happens.

Bolton may have signed a few players, but they aren't going to walk straight into the team and start overwhelming everyone.

Everyone said that last season when we went to Coventry after not winning a single game and we more than matched them and had a 2-1 lead for a time.

Bolton may have signed a few players, but they aren't going to walk straight into the team and start overwhelming everyone.

They don't have to overwhelm everyone, just us. and we currently look very overwhelmable

or we would do if that was a word.

The boy and i are all over this.
Just one request can all of us travelling just back the boys for 90 mins. We are outstanding supporters when we get going....the time for booing etc should be after the game. Come on its in the name.....united

We actually managed to sign 5 players in the end, we brought in Tom Thorpe from Rotherham just before the deadline.

I don't expect Parkinson to make too many changes for Saturday even though he's signed 5 new players. I reckon 2 of the new signings will start though.

What I would say though, is we haven't really been playing that well, even though we've won 4 out of 5 games. I think once the team does gel and Parkinson get's the team to play how he really wants it, some teams are going to get a pasting.

We actually managed to sign 5 players in the end, we brought in Tom Thorpe from Rotherham just before the deadline.

I don't expect Parkinson to make too many changes for Saturday even though he's signed 5 new players. I reckon 2 of the new signings will start though.

What I would say though, is we haven't really been playing that well, even though we've won 4 out of 5 games. I think once the team does gel and Parkinson get's the team to play how he really wants it, Southend are going to get a pasting.

Edited for accuracy.

What I would say though, is we haven't really been playing that well, even though we've won 4 out of 5 games. I think once the team does gel and Parkinson get's the team to play how he really wants it, some teams are going to get a pasting.

Just remember, there is absolutely no need to start gelling until after Saturday's game, ok?

There is part of me that hopes they are. Both were **** poor last Saturday. Kyprianou and another to be given a chance.
Too harsh on McLaughlin in my opinion. Yes he was poor on Saturday (so was everyone), but overall he's made a good start to the season and I'd want him in the team on Saturday.

I hope you're right. But rarely over the last few seasons have I been so pessimistic about a game. It won't matter they get caned 5-0 - I'll still support them. In fact, one gets used to the cycle over 50 years. My mates take the mick by calling Blues the 'yo-yos' and I have a horrible fear this is us on the way to another plunge.

I hope you're right. But rarely over the last few seasons have I been so pessimistic about a game. It won't matter they get caned 5-0 - I'll still support them. In fact, one gets used to the cycle over 50 years. My mates take the mick by calling Blues the 'yo-yos' and I have a horrible fear this is us on the way to another plunge.

How did you feel before Sheffield away?

How did you feel before Sheffield away?

Wasn't sure then - only three games in, two if you count the Gillingham carbon copies. I wasn't confident, but even less so now. It's manifestly clear the keeper thing is a big concern; Ranger's injury, and the Fleetwood debacle have cemented the concern. I've seen the signs over countless seasons, and will be overjoyed if surprised by Blues this time.

Atko will want to pull up trees for this one; he wasn't happy with Parky shifting him out after he played so many games for Bradford in their promo season.
And PB will really be pushing things so maybe, just maybe, an away result.

I reckon we'll see:

Smith

White Thompson Inniss Barrett Coker (if fit)

Leonard Atkinson McLaughlin

Mooney Cox

Subs:Oxley, Sokolik, Kyprianou, O'Neill, King, McGlashan, Williams (or Robinson if he signs)​

Back