• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket update:

Away supporters without tickets can pay on turnstiles 5 and 12 at either end of the East Stand, or at the Away Ticket Office on Brisbane Road.

Away supporters collecting tickets must go to the Away Ticket Office on Brisbane Road, which opens at 6.15pm.

ALL SUPPORTERS ARE URGED TO ARRIVE EARLY TO AVOID LENGTHY QUEUES AND DELAYS. TURNSTILES OPEN IN ALL STANDS AT 6:15PM

Lisbie and McDonald out for Orient up front.

Anyone else pig **** nervous like me? I so hope we win but I really doubt we will after our recent showings.

Anyone else pig **** nervous like me? I so hope we win but I really doubt we will after our recent showings.
What do you mean? We've won our last 2 games, one home and one away - it's not like we're playing them on the back of a losing streak!

As long as our midfield adjustments are clear on their roles (wouldn't surprise me to see Straker start in front of Barker), and Britt and Barry have had some time together then we ought to do ok. Our defence IS pretty solid and Smithy is in good form.

Very nervous ahead of this, just hope we can keep ourselves in the tie. I know that we have won our last two, but we havnt played well in either game. Defence needs to stay strong and we can hit them on the break, pressure is all on them as the homeside / league one side. UTB

What do you mean? We've won our last 2 games, one home and one away - it's not like we're playing them on the back of a losing streak!

As long as our midfield adjustments are clear on their roles (wouldn't surprise me to see Straker start in front of Barker), and Britt and Barry have had some time together then we ought to do ok. Our defence IS pretty solid and Smithy is in good form.

We may have won our last 2 games but they've been 2 pretty dire games by all accounts which we've nicked 1-0 in the latter stages. We can draw confidence from our recent defensive work granted, but we're obviously not creating many chances or we'd have won these games more comfortably.

I think its gonna be a tough game without our key central midfielders and would take still being in the tie for the return leg. Anything from losing by one goal to winning would be a decent result tonight. Get them back to the Hall still in the tie then we might just do it.

I think its gonna be a tough game without our key central midfielders and would take still being in the tie for the return leg. Anything from losing by one goal to winning would be a decent result tonight. Get them back to the Hall still in the tie then we might just do it.

Au contraire, I'm expecting Timlin to still be in the middle, it's who is alongside him....I'm thinking Leonard but could just as easily be Reeves playing the more forward role. Depends on Hurst really, who I thought had a poor game on Saturday - Leonard might be preferred wide. I honestly think Straker will be on the left to help left back should Barks get caught out.

Well that seemed an even longer day at the office than usual and as I was having trouble with concentration level's today as my thought's constantly drifted to tonight's game. Will soon be time to log off and head to the Coach and Horse's for a pre match pint or two. With our home record being not that great it is vital that we get a good result tonight and not leave ourselves too much to do at Roots Hall so a tidy 0-2 will set us up nicely for the return.

Well that seemed an even longer day at the office than usual and as I was having trouble with concentration level's today as my thought's constantly drifted to tonight's game.

Exactly the same here, I've done barely anything all day long!!! 40 more minutes and I'll be off to get the tube. :smile:

Release the Reeves Machine, whether it`s from the start or coming off the bench, he has more to give, I can assure you off that.
I`ve seen him a few times at St.Mary`s, along with Ward-Prowse, and they are certainly ones for the future.

Ward-Prowse has signed a long deal at Saints, after several clubs were sniffing around.

Products of a very good set-up, following the likes of Bale, Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Come on you Mighty Shrimpers, I`ve been to two JPT Finals in Wales, and lost, let`s get to Wembley and win.

Good luck for tonight, and i for one cannot make it tonight, and will watch it on Sky.

Why hate orient?
They are no different from us. maybe its me but apart from West Ham i actually like to see our local sides do well, albiet not at our expense.
UTB
Because that's the chant we always sing! I'm not overly fussed, but it's going to be heard a lot tonight!

I ave a feeling that Southend are going to step up to a new level toniight, so im going for 1 0 win.

can today go any slower.
come ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !

Back