• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Boring i know, but Tilson IS to blame,

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
If he can't see it then i wonder just how good the boss is. I have been harping on for about 8 weeks how it is like playing with 10 men when blue eyed boy Gutts is selected every week. He has no passion, no energy and very rarely plays a ball to his own man, why can't Tilson and Brush acknowledge this, he is not just bad he is pathetic. Yes i do think Smith should get a chance but obviously his face don't fit. Talk about passionless eyes Wignall, how about not a bit of emotion Tilson as the opposition hits the net!

to be fair Wiggy, Gutts was pretty good last season and just seems to have suffered a major drop in form. How does a bloke get his form back if he doesnt play? Although I agree I think he has had his time. If Jay Smith isnt going to play - and after yesterday it looks that way, then we would probably be better of with Clarke Centre mid, and Sodje in at the back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo1 @ Oct. 22 2006,15:38)]to be fair Wiggy, Gutts was pretty good last season and just seems to have suffered a major drop in form. How does a bloke get his form back if he doesnt play? Although I agree I think he has had his time. If Jay Smith isnt going to play - and after yesterday it looks that way, then we would probably be better of with Clarke Centre mid, and Sodje in at the back.
Radio text messages, murmurings in the crowd, match reports all saying how poor he has been all season yet Tilson keeps playing him, why, can anybody throw any light on this very strange decision as i am getting fed up with playing a man short every week!

No, you've been harping on about it for about 50 games now.

Right now I agree that he shouldn't be starting but at the same time I'm not at all sure Smith should be either. I'm rather warming to calls for a central midfielder to be brough in on loan.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 22 2006,16:04)]No, you've been harping on about it for about 50 games now.

Right now I agree that he shouldn't be starting but at the same time I'm not at all sure Smith should be either.  I'm rather warming to calls for a central midfielder to be brough in on loan.
Still don't answer my question, why is he still playing? Is the manager blind, is Gutts long lost family, what is it because any manager worth his salt would shuffle the pack and dispense of all passengers in his team!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Oct. 22 2006,16:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 22 2006,16:04)]No, you've been harping on about it for about 50 games now.

Right now I agree that he shouldn't be starting but at the same time I'm not at all sure Smith should be either.  I'm rather warming to calls for a central midfielder to be brough in on loan.
Still don't answer my question, why is he still playing? Is the manager blind, is Gutts long lost family, what is it because any manager worth his salt would shuffle the pack and dispense of all passengers in his team!
Honey,stop fishing. It's all getting rather boring with your negative posts. Be happy that Flavs is still in the team.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fiftyone @ Oct. 22 2006,16:26)]
[b said:
[b said:

Honey,stop fishing. It's all getting rather boring with your negative posts. Be happy that Flavs is still in the team.
biggrin.gif
No answers then, quite happy!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Oct. 22 2006,16:33)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif
Good girl
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fiftyone @ Oct. 22 2006,16:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Oct. 22 2006,16:33)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif
Good girl
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Good boy, keep walking around with yer eyes shut, mug!

So Wiggy, if you discard Smith, who for whatever reason is not going to get picked, what other option do we have?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo1 @ Oct. 22 2006,16:56)]So Wiggy, if you discard Smith, who for whatever reason is not going to get picked, what other option do we have?
Should have thought about that weeks ago, he let them all out on loan to save a few quid, now it's backfired!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Oct. 22 2006,17:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo1 @ Oct. 22 2006,16:56)]So Wiggy, if you discard Smith, who for whatever reason is not going to get picked, what other option do we have?
Should have thought about that weeks ago, he let them all out on loan to save a few quid, now it's backfired!
So you would have played Cole or Lawson in centre midfield?!

A genuine question from steveo1, and it still remains unanswered...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Oct. 22 2006,17:23)]
[b said:
so our answers for the central midfield problem are Mitchell Cole and James Lawson? Are you sure it wasn't your idea to put Francis up front?

Loan player gets mine, funny Ipswich had 3 loanees from prem clubs, what are we offering 10 quid and a plate of winkles a week. Has Peter Taylor got any more daughters that have footballer boyfriends. I don't think we are trying hard enough to get them.. we don't want any more excuses..

I agree with Wiggy. Gutts had an excellent season in League 1 but his performances this season have been on the whole shocking, not helped by the fact that he looks overweight and meaning that at times Kevin Maher has had to carry him in matches.

For me he was recalled to the side far too soon, when he should have been given a kick up the arse with a lengthy spell in the reserves.

The trouble is, there is no obvious replacement. Like Wiggy, I'm a big fan of Smith and was disappointed he didn't come on yesterday. Having said that, if he's not doing the business in the reserves then I can't see him making the impact he needs to in the first team, although he's a very decent passer of the ball and we need that at the moment.

I was quite impressed with Clarke when he moved into midfield yesterday, though it would be a big risk to play him there from the start, particularly as he's not the best passer of the ball either.

Lewis Hunt unfortunately didn't impress when he played in the centre and I think he should stay at right-back for now.

One possible solution would be to try Simon Francis in that position. Tilly said when he signed that central midfield was a position he'd played before. He'd add some height and physical presence in there and he's decent on the ball too and well capable of breaking forward when necessary. The only trouble is that Tilly said in his post-match interview that Francis picked up his fifth yellow in yesterday's game, so will therefore be suspended for one match, presumably at Elland Road next Saturday (as I think accumulated bookings take seven days to clear).

I should also add that a loanee would be the best option. If Preston would be willing to let Alan McCormack come here on loan then I'd snap him up straight away.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Oct. 22 2006,17:56)]Barrett centre mid gets my vote
Spot on. Juggle the pack, Barratt midfield, Hunt alongside Clarke, any permutation has got to be better than that waste of space Guttridge. He must be embarrised to pick up his wages!

Back