• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Boris Johnson

No surprise to see you joining in with this absurd view. So should we not criticise a religion in case one of its fanatics decides to drive into people?

If this scumbag does turn out to be a Muslim who was motivated by Boris' comments, it only goes to show further how intolerant Islam is.

Yes, because the actions of an individual - and lets be honest here, if he was a white, chrisitian, it would be tagged as a "mental disorder" - you want to blame a religion.

Ever thought you may be part of the problem?

Yes, because the actions of an individual - and lets be honest here, if he was a white, chrisitian, it would be tagged as a "mental disorder" - you want to blame a religion.

Ever thought you may be part of the problem?

Pretending this is an "one-off" event is the definition of self-delusion.

Last edited:
No, you didn't because neither nuns nor Jewish women wear niqabs or burqas. You even conceded your attempt to draw an equivalence between the burqa and niqab and the habits worn by nuns was false as you admit the nuns do not cover their faces.

As far as the Jewish women wearing coverings from head to toe (called a Shal) this is limited to a small sect numbering around 100 people called the Haredi in Israel. Essentially the Jewish equivalent of the Westboro Baptist Church in the US.

Just because this is the one topic being discussed hear does not mean it is the only form of oppression for muslim women nor does it mean it is the worst form of oppression. It is the most visible form of oppression, however.
It wasn't 'attempt to draw an equivalence' it was an attempt to answer your question. I thought you were genuinely interested in an answer. My mistake.

No surprise to see you joining in with this absurd view. So should we not criticise a religion in case one of its fanatics decides to drive into people?

If this scumbag does turn out to be a Muslim who was motivated by Boris' comments, it only goes to show further how intolerant Islam is.

It's not an absurd view at all.As I mentioned in a previous post,two high ranking former London Met. Policemen came to the same conclusion on BBC and C4 news yesterday.Back in the day, Ken Livingston rightly linked the London tube attacks with the war in Iraq and only last year Jeremy Corbyn, while condemming the Manchester arena attack pointed out that "the war on terror simply isn't working" which he attributed to "British wars against Muslim countries."

As for your comments on on the person responsible for yesterday's vile attack and Islam in general,you'd do well to bear in mind Eldridge Cleaver's famous dictum "If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem."

It wasn't 'attempt to draw an equivalence' it was an attempt to answer your question. I thought you were genuinely interested in an answer. My mistake.

If you weren't trying to draw an equivalence then you would not have mentioned it. When trying to provide examples of non-muslim women wearing burqas or niqabs you mentioned nuns. When I point out that no one forces women to be nuns and you concede the traditional attire of nuns does not cover the face anyway you then deny you were trying to equate the nun's attire with burqas and niqabs.

If I were not interested in your answer I'd have not responded to it.

Last edited:
Did I say that?

No. I didn't.

You were claiming this is just the actions of an individual and his religion should not be blamed. The only way this flies is if you ignore all the other instances throughout the world where individuals following a certain ideology seem to develop mental illnesses that compel them to murder innocent civilians in the the name of their ideology.

You were claiming this is just the actions of an individual and his religion should not be blamed. The only way this flies is if you ignore all the other instances throughout the world where individuals following a certain ideology seem to develop mental illnesses that compel them to murder innocent civilians in the the name of their ideology.

I would have thought that the vast majority of devout,peace-loving Muslims would consider that terrorist acts perpetrated in the name of Islam, result from an entirely mistaken mis-reading of the tenets of their religion.

Certainly,inflammatory comments by people such as Boris Johnson, do nothing to alleviate the situation.

I would have thought that the vast majority of devout,peace-loving Muslims would consider that terrorist acts perpetrated in the name of Islam, result from an entirely mistaken mis-reading of the tenets of their religion.

Certainly,inflammatory comments by people such as Boris Johnson, do nothing to alleviate the situation.

They may well do so but that does not detract from what I said.

If people of certain ideology are so sensitive as to be upset by someone making a joke about their attire that they have to go out and kill civilians in reprisal then we certainly have a problem with that ideology. You, however, believe that everyone else should sacrifice their freedoms to placate the easily angered and violent ideologues.

You seem very good at telling other people what they think and what they say.

So let me tell you what you are saying.

Islam is responsible for every crackpot nutcase Islamofacsist who groom people to blow themselves up, drive cars at people or run around the streets shooting people.

That in itself makes you part of the problem because your not able to see past your jaundiced views. It's easier for you to blame entire religion than think about the complex issues of why is it happening in London, and how do we stop it. We don't stop it by continuing to support countries who bomb school buses. We don't stop it by continuing with our mutual exclusion of each other. We don't stop it scapegoating entire religions.

And certainly, comments from the likes of BoJo don't help.

And for the record, I've absolutely no qualms in calling out the nutters, they're just Nazis in a different context. Or Islamofacsists as I call them.

You seem very good at telling other people what they think and what they say.

I can see what you are saying, I don't need to guess.

So let me tell you what you are saying.

Islam is responsible for every crackpot nutcase Islamofacsist who groom people to blow themselves up, drive cars at people or run around the streets shooting people.

The ideology of islam is what inspires them to act as they do.

That in itself makes you part of the problem because your not able to see past your jaundiced views. .

So, as someone who does not kill others who insult me or my beliefs and does not make a point of insulting others for their opinions or beliefs, I am part of the problem? Wow.

It's easier for you to blame entire religion than think about the complex issues of why is it happening in London, and how do we stop it.

You certainly do not stop the attacks by denying the motives behind the attacks.

We don't stop it by continuing to support countries who bomb school buses. We don't stop it by continuing with our mutual exclusion of each other. We don't stop it scapegoating entire religions

The same religion you claim is being scapegoated is responsible for attacks across the globe. Is it something of a coincidence that so many people who follow this ideology are committing murderous acts? Why aren't christians committing violent acts every time someone says something unkind about their religion?

And certainly, comments from the likes of BoJo don't help.

As I said, if people making jokes about the clothes some people wear sends some people to murder innocent people then I do not think the problem is with the person telling the joke.

And for the record, I've absolutely no qualms in calling out the nutters, they're just Nazis in a different context. Or Islamofacsists as I call them.

Oh, you call them out, sure but you refuse to acknowledge their motivations for committing the crimes they do. Unless you believe that a large number of followers of the islamic ideology across the world coincidentally succumb to mental illness and commit acts of murder in the name of islam?

They may well do so but that does not detract from what I said.

If people of certain ideology are so sensitive as to be upset by someone making a joke about their attire that they have to go out and kill civilians in reprisal then we certainly have a problem with that ideology. You, however, believe that everyone else should sacrifice their freedoms to placate the easily angered and violent ideologues.

Fortunately,nobody was killed in yesterday's terror attack.

As to your last sentence,ever heard of live and let live? That's supposed to be the multicultural British way. Though perhaps as an Aussie, you're not so familiar with the concept?

Last edited:
I can see what you are saying, I don't need to guess.

The ideology of islam is what inspires them to act as they do.

So, as someone who does not kill others who insult me or my beliefs and does not make a point of insulting others for their opinions or beliefs, I am part of the problem? Wow.

You certainly do not stop the attacks by denying the motives behind the attacks.

The same religion you claim is being scapegoated is responsible for attacks across the globe. Is it something of a coincidence that so many people who follow this ideology are committing murderous acts? Why aren't christians committing violent acts every time someone says something unkind about their religion?

As I said, if people making jokes about the clothes some people wear sends some people to murder innocent people then I do not think the problem is with the person telling the joke.

Oh, you call them out, sure but you refuse to acknowledge their motivations for committing the crimes they do. Unless you believe that a large number of followers of the islamic ideology across the world coincidentally succumb to mental illness and commit acts of murder in the name of islam?

This is frankly not worth considering any further than this dismissive post.

Fortunately,nobody was killed in yesterday's terror attack.

As to your last sentence,ever heard of live and let live? That's supposed to be the multicultural British way. Though perhaps as an Aussie, you're not so familiar with the concept?

Yesterday’s incident hasn’t been declared as a terrorist attack and therefore shouldn’t be described as such. Best we stick to the facts eh?

Yesterday’s incident hasn’t been declared as a terrorist attack and therefore shouldn’t be described as such. Best we stick to the facts eh?

Indeed.But the man concerned has been arrested "on suspicion of terrorist offences" and "attempted murder". BTW, the word "yet" appears to be missing from your sentence. :Winking:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-45193781

Last edited:
Back