• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Boston

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 12 2005,10:59)]What do people think the scoreline will be...?

I'd be happy with a draw... 0-0 or 1-1 would do me fine.  They're unbeaten on their patch, and Nathan Abbey's a damn good keeper.

Thoughts?

rock.gif

Matt
I think we have to win tonight.

If we don't then we could be overtaken by Northampton next match and I feel we would lose a lot of momentum.

I'd hate to see use do a Paula Radcliffe.

Bugger. Now having to work!! Got meeting and then being "entertained" at Stamford Bridge to make up for it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Jan. 12 2005,11:14)]I think we have to win tonight.

If we don't then we could be overtaken by Northampton next match and I feel we would lose a lot of momentum.

I'd hate to see use do a Paula Radcliffe.
Will that be how it's known in future...

rock.gif
wow.gif

I'd like us to win... but I'm not going to bank on us winning at a ground where they've been undefeated all season.

down.gif

As for the Cobblers, I fancy Darlo to get a point at Sixfields on Saturday - that would be an ideal result for us...

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Jan. 12 2005,11:14)]I'd hate to see use do a Paula Radcliffe.
Which aspect of Paula's performance are you alluding to?

The bit where she gave up with a few miles to go?

Or the bit where she shat her pants?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 12 2005,08:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Jan. 11 2005,17:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 11 2005,16:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SuperShrimper @ Jan. 11 2005,16:18)]Yep me and the old man travelling up, but no room im afraid Lee, seems as though my insurance runs out today and so weve got to take the van
sad.gif
sod ya then.

cheers for letting me know anyway. Looks like I'll be listening to BBC Essex  
sad.gif
Get the coach!!
sadly the coach doesn't do pick ups from London - which is something I feel the Trust should look at in the future?  
rock.gif
The Coach is full anyway
sad.gif

We tried doing a London Pick Up Once - and about 2 people used it - so pointless and adds too much time on to the Journey
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 12 2005,09:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 12 2005,08:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Jan. 11 2005,17:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 11 2005,16:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SuperShrimper @ Jan. 11 2005,16:18)]Yep me and the old man travelling up, but no room im afraid Lee, seems as though my insurance runs out today and so weve got to take the van
sad.gif
sod ya then.

cheers for letting me know anyway. Looks like I'll be listening to BBC Essex  
sad.gif
Get the coach!!
sadly the coach doesn't do pick ups from London - which is something I feel the Trust should look at in the future?  
rock.gif
I'd be a bit fed up if I had to make a stop in London if I was travelling from Southend to wherever.

What might be a good idea though is for the coach to offer one way trips (at a reduced price) from the game back to Southend. If you work in London you can leave work early, have a few beers on the train on the way to the match and then sleep on the coach on the way home.
We have often brought back people that have made there own way to the games. Unfortunately you would have to pay full price because we have to save you a space on the outward journey.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 12 2005,09:14)]Hypothetically, though, if I didn't have work on, would there be any chance of the coach stopping by Lufbra for any Yorkshire/Durham/Lincolnshire/Bostonshire games?

It's only just off the M1
Err in a nutshell - no.

For most of the Northern Games we either go up the A1/A1(M) or the M6, very few involve driving past Junction 23 of the M1.

How is the Student Union these days, it's been over 20 Years since I was at Lufbra.
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 12 2005,13:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Jan. 12 2005,13:34)]Or the bit where she shat her pants?
Did she...?  When?!

oops.gif
In the Olympic marathon (and I appreciate we're veering slightly off topic here) she had an upset stomach so after about 10km, when she needed to a do a poo, she just went in her in her runners.

Apparently it's more common in long distance races than you might like to think.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 12 2005,16:06)]Paul - we'll have a chat on Saturday, cos I do think that this is something that the Trust should look at again for mid-week games.
OK, however our main concern will be that the coach(es) would have to leave Southend around 1/2 an hour earlier, which could upset 99% of the regular punters.

Anyway we can chat about it Saturday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 12 2005,16:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 12 2005,09:14)]Hypothetically, though, if I didn't have work on, would there be any chance of the coach stopping by Lufbra for any Yorkshire/Durham/Lincolnshire/Bostonshire games?

Err in a nutshell - no.

For most of the Northern Games we either go up the A1/A1(M) or the M6, very few involve driving past Junction 23 of the M1.

How is the Student Union these days, it's been over 20 Years since I was at Lufbra.
cool.gif
Ah balls.

Union's massive now. Not sure how big it was when you were tax-dodging but it's as big as any club I've been in.

As for how good it is, I'll have to tell you tomorrow
smile.gif
upside.gif
smile.gif
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 12 2005,18:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 12 2005,16:04)]
[b said:

Err in a nutshell - no.

cool.gif
Ah balls.

Union's massive now.  Not sure how big it was when you were tax-dodging but it's as big as any club I've been in.

As for how good it is, I'll have to tell you tomorrow    
smile.gif

upside.gif

smile.gif

wow.gif
It was pretty massive when I was there.

Big enough to stage concerts by Dexy's, The Strawbs, The Blues Band, Nine Below Zero to name just a few.

And Marstons Pedigree was about 30p a Pint
tounge.gif

bands, sadly, don't really come here any more. Got The Delays and the Bluetones at the beginning of the year but that's the best we've had in 4 years. Of course, excluding Big Brovaz.

Back