• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Bradford City 0-4 Southend United

some people said Bradford were dire, but they had scored 13 goals with nil against in their previous 4 home games , maybe they were dire because Southend made them look like that , also what a great save from an 18 year old goalkeeper to keep the score at 2-0 , he is a prospect for sure .

I mentioned this on my match ratings. Absolute worldy, as he was right on his line, and had to push it over the bar. Would of been a totally different game I think if they had got it back to 2-1 as the 5-10 minutes after half time was the only time Bradford put us under a little bit of pressure.

Not so far this season.

Against the 9 sides above us:

H P5 W0 D0 L5 GF7 GA 12
A P5 W0 D0 L5 GF0 GA 9

Against the sides below us we have P18 W12 D2 L4 -all 38 points GF31 GA 13.

I can't remember results like that ever before.

Don't put too much pressure on Humphrys -he's only started 25 league games in his career.
That is startling and also shocking, I know Gills have taken 6 points from Portsmouth but I wonder if anyone has as near as bad record as ours or if others are more inconsistent, as Gills perhaps are?

I didn't see the game, but looking at the highlights we were immense. Best performance for many seasons? Championship level football? Long may it last.

Not much to add to the above, great game, great atmosphere from the travelling blues fans (not sure how many) and lovely to see the Bantams fans STREAMING out after the 3rd and 4th goals.

One thing that I don't think others have mentioned yet though is that Sam Hart has a long throw, in fact if you notice on the highlights Mantom's goal was the second phase of play following one of them.

I wasn't that impressed by Hart to be honest and not sure he offered any more (other than the long throw) than Hendrie, but we need competition for places and at least we've got some LB cover now.

Amazing to think that after Saturday Charlie Kelman's goal is no longer a certainty for goal of the season, or even goal of the month for January!

I wasn't that impressed by Hart to be honest and not sure he offered any more (other than the long throw) than Hendrie, but we need competition for places and at least we've got some LB cover now.

I think we ought to give him a bit of time to settle in. Not everyone can come in and smash it out of the park on debut - he may be rusty, not quite match sharp and also he may need to adapt to the wing back role. Let's see how he shapes up over the next few games - but my guess is that when he has a couple of games under his belt he will be clearly offering more than Hendrie.

I think we ought to give him a bit of time to settle in. Not everyone can come in and smash it out of the park on debut - he may be rusty, not quite match sharp and also he may need to adapt to the wing back role. Let's see how he shapes up over the next few games - but my guess is that when he has a couple of games under his belt he will be clearly offering more than Hendrie.

The good thing about Hart is that he is tall and with Humphreys in the side we can at last hope for much better defending from set plays as well as more ammunition from us when we have corners and free kicks. We have had huge problems in these areas for most of the season.

We've brought in two aggressive six-footers. Both those elements have been sadly lacking for us this season so it bodes well.

Back