• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil has played the lone forward forever,it doesnt work ,at long last he has played 442 which has reaped rewards.

He has played 4-4-2 plenty of times but it hasn't worked so far mainly because we can't play AB in a back 4 and Mooney and Cox didn't work together.

Now he has the personal, he can play 4-4-2 and even stated a few games ago he wanted to do that.

Mooney is never a lone forward. With Ranger the ball sticks up front and seems like Brown has finally found his best back four with pretty much everyone fit. Has taken a while but no reason why we can't have a half decent season now.

Phil has played the lone forward forever,it doesnt work ,at long last he has played 442 which has reaped rewards.

His hands were tied until Fortune arrived and Ranger got fit. Mooney and Cox are both good players for this level but they are both poachers that rely on service from their striking partner, so playing them together was a disaster. I expect unless we suffer further injuries we'll stick with 2 up front from now on with Mooney acting as back up to Cox and Fortune acting as back up to Ranger.

I think the biggest thing about this game as that we didn't drop our heads after the first goal.

Mooney is never a lone forward. With Ranger the ball sticks up front and seems like Brown has finally found his best back four with pretty much everyone fit. Has taken a while but no reason why we can't have a half decent season now.
Agree with the point but it has only been two games with this back four, we've had settled back fours before but as soon as they concede 2/3 it'll be back to page one and there's a 50:50 chance that one of them will never be seen at Roots Hall again.

Away at Bradford that is a very good point, we rarely get anything positive there. It's been nice that in the past 2 games we've made attacking subs in both and stuck to a formation and look what happens, we get positive results. Too much chopping and changing mid game leaves us all over the place. Get something at MK and that's been a great week.

Away at Bradford that is a very good point, we rarely get anything positive there. It's been nice that in the past 2 games we've made attacking subs in both and stuck to a formation and look what happens, we get positive results. Too much chopping and changing mid game leaves us all over the place. Get something at MK and that's been a great week.

Brown in?......

Not necessarily a criticism of you, more a general observation: why is it that when we lose a game it's "Brown out", but when we win it's "One game at a time"?

One swallow doesn't make a summer

If we go on a run and get ourselves in or around the Play off positions then maybe I will believe we have turned a corner. The league table still doesn't make great reading

Two things from the goals (I didn't go, so can only go on the video):

1. Ferdinand is either slow, or doesn't sprint. Thompson did slip, but surely a centre back should be busting a gut to get back to cover? No chance for Oxley.

2. No one seems to have mentioned that Atkinson flicked the ball on for Wordsworth. That means that away from home, a full back crossed (after a cracking Cruyft turn) for a right midfielder to assist a central midfielder all within the 18 yard box with both the strikers lurking. Seems very attacking for a defensive minded coach...

https://youtu.be/r9UoXCxwQKA

One swallow doesn't make a summer

If we go on a run and get ourselves in or around the Play off positions then maybe I will believe we have turned a corner. The league table still doesn't make great reading
One thing that struck me when I looked at the table, was that we have played away at all of the current top 6, so it would appear that we've had a run of tough games. Doesn't excuse some of the capitulations of course, but does go some way to explain our current position. I think we'll have a better idea of where we're going to end up after our next 8 or so games (Home to 3 of the current bottom 8, away to 3 of the current bottom 11)

Back