• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just seen the highlights, oh Nile how did you miss that at the end?

Don't want get into a slanging match with anyone here but can you imagine the reaction on here if Mooney had missed that. It's just unfair the criticism that bloke gets. It's not his fault he plays up top on his own, he doesn't pick the team. Lets see Ranger or Cox up front on their tod and see how they get on. They've both missed sitters recently which would have given us two victories.

Well done to the 122 fans who made the trip. Some might think that's not as many as expected, but it's a very long trip on a Tuesday night. I'm sure the players appreciated the effort.

Missing a chance Isn't the point, It's the fact that we are creating them and players are getting into a position to score them.

I'd take 100 misses like that, over the aimless crosses lobbed into the box in the League 2 0-0 draws at RH a couple of years back.

Create chances, gamble on getting on the end of them and over time, we will bury them on a regular basis.

Well done to the 122 fans who made the trip. Some might think that's not as many as expected, but it's a very long trip on a Tuesday night. I'm sure the players appreciated the effort.

That's got to be our lowest away support for some time in the league. I think the lowest last season was 175 at Oldham also on a Tuesday night.

One thing that struck me when I looked at the table, was that we have played away at all of the current top 6, so it would appear that we've had a run of tough games. Doesn't excuse some of the capitulations of course, but does go some way to explain our current position. I think we'll have a better idea of where we're going to end up after our next 8 or so games (Home to 3 of the current bottom 8, away to 3 of the current bottom 11)

...in addition there is only 6 points between the relegation zone and the play off positions, so a string of decent results in our next 8 games could catapult us into the top 6, something I would never have thought a month ago, but we do seem to be improving in most areas. The team sheet last night was vastly superior to the one on our opening day -v- Gillingham, when we had only Williams as our other striking option on the bench, we now have Cox and Ranger with Mooney and Fortune back up.

Two things from the goals (I didn't go, so can only go on the video):

1. Ferdinand is either slow, or doesn't sprint. Thompson did slip, but surely a centre back should be busting a gut to get back to cover? No chance for Oxley.

2. No one seems to have mentioned that Atkinson flicked the ball on for Wordsworth. That means that away from home, a full back crossed (after a cracking Cruyft turn) for a right midfielder to assist a central midfielder all within the 18 yard box with both the strikers lurking. Seems very attacking for a defensive minded coach...

https://youtu.be/r9UoXCxwQKA

The only thing I can think is that Oxley has shouted for the ball as his coming out, looked like Ferdinand was attempting to get back but then gave up as Oxley was coming out.

One swallow doesn't make a summer

If we go on a run and get ourselves in or around the Play off positions then maybe I will believe we have turned a corner. The league table still doesn't make great reading

Sorry, I've only just seen your response.

I understand that one swallow doesn't make a summer, and that is exactly my point. Why do you only say that after a win, whilst every loss is a chance to call for PBs head? Surely if you're prepared to be patient when we win you should be patient when we lose?

Back