• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southend Pier

Manager
According to the sunday sun, page 62, Bradford City have made Phil Brown their leading candidate should Phil Parkinson fail to arrest their slide in fortunes at the moment.

Not saying that it is or isn't true. what the sun has printed. thought it'd be a discussion point. anything to the contrary and it oh so becomes predictable
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

Back to Yorkshire club, reasonable stadium with reasonable crowds, league 1 - would be the sort of club I can see Phil leaving for if it were offered...

That's a bit out of order ooh, only letting us know what's in black and white in the papers. :thumbdown:

If Brown wanted to go I'd be more than happy to just swap Phil's and get Parkinson in as his replacement. Bradford would be ridiculous sacking him after all he's done for them, just because they haven't won in 5. Bad form happens, just ask Brown.

Phil Brown is always going to be linked with vacant manager jobs. Almost every one at the moment, Championship and below. This is probably one of the reasons that he was offered such a long contract. There is that feeling about him that he will come good, and if another club wants to take him then Southend will want a massive lump in compensation whilst he is under a long contract. I think that is more Ron Martin being shrewd rather than stupid over the long contract thing.
As for now, we have to put up with these very annoying threads about Phil wanted by this club and that club. It was only a few weeks ago that he was a certainty to go to his old club Bolton, according to some people, but he's still here and he seems a man of his word, and says that he wants to finish the job he has started at Southend. Now when he finally gets us promotion, that is what I think he means by finishing the job, then I will think he will take one of these job offers.
So Bradford, No, and certainly not now.

Phil Brown is always going to be linked with vacant manager jobs. Almost every one at the moment, Championship and below. This is probably one of the reasons that he was offered such a long contract. There is that feeling about him that he will come good, and if another club wants to take him then Southend will want a massive lump in compensation whilst he is under a long contract. I think that is more Ron Martin being shrewd rather than stupid over the long contract thing.
As for now, we have to put up with these very annoying threads about Phil wanted by this club and that club. It was only a few weeks ago that he was a certainty to go to his old club Bolton, according to some people, but he's still here and he seems a man of his word, and says that he wants to finish the job he has started at Southend. Now when he finally gets us promotion, that is what I think he means by finishing the job, then I will think he will take one of these job offers.
So Bradford, No, and certainly not now.

Hear, hear...logical and sensible :clap: :clap:

I think your find you are starting a negative thread. The sub title of Shrimpers Chit Chat is "The Forums to discuss all issues about the world's greatest team : Southend United" As this was reported in a national paper surely this is a point for discussion.

Certainly is!! Which is why OAA posted his opinion, which I totally agree with. The original poster never has a good word to say about the club or manager so he has to expect a more pointed response.

He (edit: wants to sign) a 4 year contract. I doubt he's looking to move at the moment.

Last edited:
Seems this sort of repeated behaviour is tolerated though. The standard of moderating is hit and miss at best. We have even had a mod absolutely slating PB at every opportunity recently. One rule for them............no wonder so many don't bother posting now, in my opinion removing my comment is OTT and I have sent a pm to the mod expressing my view

Disagree with you there OOA. Compared with the rest of the internet the standard of moderation on this site is brilliant.

Seems this sort of repeated behaviour is tolerated though. The standard of moderating is hit and miss at best. We have even had a mod absolutely slating PB at every opportunity recently. One rule for them............no wonder so many don't bother posting now, in my opinion removing my comment is OTT and I have sent a pm to the mod expressing my view

1. The article was in the national paper it warrants discussion.
2. There was nothing negative in the original post to warrant your ranting.
3. Dont know which mod you were referring to, but moderators are fans and posters just as much as you are, if there is negatitvity around the club mods are as entitled to grumble just as much as non-mods.
4. You try moderating a forum if its that easy..

The irony is there was nothing negative about the posts Southend Pier made and your posts were the ones turning the thread into a negative one, and you complain when we moderated them.

Cant win....

Unbelievable scenes, someone posts something reported in the national press and gets castigated for being negative.

Time to grow up I think.

Maybe it is and there is a good reason for that. We are all individuals who do it in our spare time. There are no hard and fast rules that we can follow, it mostly comes down to gut instinct.

If one moderator spots something amiss they might post about it in the mod forum to canvass the opinions of others, but often we will just do what we think is best for the general well being of the forum. Sometimes we will go over the top, sometimes we won't go far enough, but until someone devises an algorithm that allows robots to moderate the forum, then there will be elements of inconsistency.

For what it's worth, I saw nothing wrong with the OP. It was reporting a national newspaper story that others may have missed, simple as that.

Maybe it is and there is a good reason for that. We are all individuals who do it in our spare time. There are no hard and fast rules that we can follow, it mostly comes down to gut instinct.

If one moderator spots something amiss they might post about it in the mod forum to canvass the opinions of others, but often we will just do what we think is best for the general well being of the forum. Sometimes we will go over the top, sometimes we won't go far enough, but until someone devises an algorithm that allows robots to moderate the forum, then there will be elements of inconsistency.

For what it's worth, I saw nothing wrong with the OP. It was reporting a national newspaper story that others may have missed, simple as that.

Shocking...your own SZFC clique :winking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back