• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brandon Goodship

He had enough opportunities here under a manager that knew him and couldn't get him to perform.It will be interesting to see how he gets on but I for one wont be loosing to much sleep if he does.
This is the most sensible post, he scored all his goals for Weymouth under MM yet Mark preferred to play Acquah alone upfront for a large part of the season. He even preferred to play a 36 year old centre back and a utility player up front instead of him.

Good luck to him.
He showed flashes of skill but I suspect he is a confidence player and he was never going to get that here, nor a run of six to ten games in a settled line up.

This is the most sensible post, he scored all his goals for Weymouth under MM yet Mark preferred to play Acquah alone upfront for a large part of the season. He even preferred to play a 36 year old centre back and a utility player up front instead of him.
Indeed. It's almost as if there's a big gulf between scoring 30 goals in the Southern League Premier and trying to replicate it 3 tiers higher in League 2.

He will be welcomed back to the Terras. He is a great finisher, but needs the service. Maybe that's why he didn't shine brightly for you. We will see how it goes. However it goes, be interesting to play you guys next season.

He will be welcomed back to the Terras. He is a great finisher, but needs the service. Maybe that's why he didn't shine brightly for you. We will see how it goes. However it goes, be interesting to play you guys next season.

All very well but in L2 treated the penalty area like it had an electric fence around it. NL maybe he will come good- or at least better. L2 a step too far.

He never got going here. Little evidence at all of this “great finisher” you speak of. Spent most of the time drifting to the left wing. Hope he rediscovers whatever it was he had! Looking forward to the away trip to Weymouth.

......and that reflects on Goodship rather than Molesley does it?

......and that reflects on Goodship rather than Molesley does it?
Doesn’t reflect on either.In case people have forgotten,MM was unable, most probably through absolutely no fault of his own,to sign the big,mobile,effective target man we so desperately needed.Hence he had to field Aquah or Halford there—and poor Goodship never got the many chances a slightly-built striker,a fox-around the box needs.

In which case he might have helped his own cause a bit more if he'd actually got in or around "the box" on occasion.
You’ve underlined my point.I never saw indications that many of his mountain of goals would have come from piledrivers from a long way out.
So :he scores his goals from promising positions but without ever playing off of a decent or half decent targetman,the ball was always highly,highly unlikely to ever arrive there.

You’ve underlined my point.I never saw indications that many of his mountain of goals would have come from piledrivers from a long way out.
So :he scores his goals from promising positions but without ever playing off of a decent or half decent targetman,the ball was always highly,highly unlikely to ever arrive there.

I get your point, but you also have to put a shift in nowadays, regardless of what position you play in. It's not like the old days where your striker can just wander about waiting for chances to come your way.

Unfortunately Goodship just didn't seem to put that effort in; if he was busting a gut, and not scoring, he may have had a bit more leeway

Back